Chapter 10

After the night ended, I was exhausted. My VIP saw my performance as well which resulted in a thousand dollar tip. I collapsed on the couch with a sigh next to Louis. He chuckled and pulled my feet on to his lap, taking my heels off.

"You did amazing tonight," he praised me as he began massaging my feet.

"Yeah well I didn't really have a choice if I didn't want to embarrass both of us," I explained.

"I need to show you something," he said before grabbing the remote to the TV. He went to the recordings and clicked on one. After some fast forwarding, he stopped on a busy scene. It was us being hounded by reporters earlier today. There were also pictures of us shopping and walking from store to store. The gossip network was speculating on our relationship. There was a short, low quality clip of me singing earlier in the night. They were talking about it like I had decided to run for President. After a little more, Louis pauses it.

"Did you see the difference, before and after you performing?" He asked. I nodded. There was a difference. At first, they talked about me like I was a gold digger. After the performance was viewed, I was talked about like a precious diamond that Louis was lucky enough to find first.

"It's cruel, but I get it," I answered.

"It was smart to have you perform today first," he said with a sigh before standing. I sat up quickly and grabbed his arm.

"Wait," I stopped him. "I want to see something new," I blurted. He was confused and with good reason.

"This would be so much easier if I could read your mind," he muttered to himself.

"I want to see something new... from Lucifer," I explained.

"You want me to show you a power? You fainted last time," he said. I shrugged.

"I'm ready this time," I assured him. He sighed and thought about for a moment.

"Okay fine, something small then," he finally agreed. He picked the candle up off of the coffee table and held it in his hands. I watched the candle curiously. He snapped the fingers of his other hand and the flame flickered to life. After a moment, of him watching me watch the flame, the flame went out without any wind.

"How are you feeling?" He asked hesitantly. I smiled and sat up straight.

"I'm fine. I told you I would be," I assured him. He set the candle down before flipping my wrist over and checking my pulse.

"Are you?" He asked. I nodded. Him being this close made my head spin.

"No you're not," he noted.

"If you gave me some space, I would be," I muttered timidly. He looked at me and smirked.

"I make your heart race?" He asked even though he already knew the answer. He came closer until he was hovering over me, my wrist still in his hand.

"I-It's a healthy response to the Devil, don't you think?" I challenged back. He chuckled and backed up, giving me space and letting go of my wrist.

"I guess," he smirked before leaving for his room. I took a breath and sat up. We were going to have to revisit some of those rules.

***

It was the day of the premiere. After dressing in my black gown, Louis had a team of people work on me. I got a facial, I was waxed, manicure, pedicure, extensions were curled and put in my hair as they draped it all to one side, and my makeup was a classic smoky look. The team squeezed me into my black gown and helped me into my heels. I was draped in jewelry that was probably more expensive than my life was worth. I was dressed and pampered to the tee, but I was very uncomfortable as I looked at myself in the full length mirror. A light knock sounded on my door before it opened. Louis looked me over before standing behind me and working the clamps of the giant draping diamond necklace loose.

"I think this necklace suits you better," he said as he placed a different necklace on me and fastened the clip. It was a simple silver chain with a teardrop diamonds the center. It was simple and understated. I relaxed almost immediately as Louis straightening the teardrop. He rested his hands on my shoulders and looked at me in the mirror as I touched the necklace gently.

"Where did you get this?" I asked curiously.

"It's a gift for you. I was originally going to give it to you after the premiere, but I think it looks much better on you than the other necklace," he explained. I couldn't help but to smile. He was right. He was already in his tuxedo and his hair was slicked to the side and back 'Grease-style'.

"I love it," I smiled.

"Ready?" He asked. I nodded, afraid my voice would betray me. We went out to where a limo was waiting for us and Louis held the door for me. After we were both inside, the driver took off towards the event.

"Stay close to me and don't get upset at my affection. Don't forget how many cameras will be there. Since the announcement of our relationship, more reporters have been interested in you and us. If you don't want to answer any questions, just look at me and I'll take care of it," he explained. I nodded and squeezed his hand tightly. I had to admit, I was nervous. I'd never been to anything like this and I had no idea what to expect. Louis brought his other hand over to cover mine as he looked at me reassuringly. The car stopped and our door was opened. I could hear the commotion from outside and took a deep breath. I could do this.

Louis got out first before offering me a hand. I took it and stepped out of the car, taking Louis' offered elbow. We walked down the red carpet a ways before Louis stopped and placed his hand on my lower back, turning me into his side as cameras flashed. I smiled and posed as more pictures were taken. After a moment, we continued walking until we reached the next station of photographers. I continued posing but made a wrong step somewhere and started to fall. Louis was quick to react, spinning me towards him and catching my waist and back. It probably looked a lot like he dipped me. He smirked before pulling me back up to an upright position and moving a strand of hair out of my face. I felt my cheeks go red.

"Let's go," he smiled at me. He pecked my cheek before we walked to the next stop. There was a reporter standing there waiting for us.

"Hi! Just let me know when you're ready. You two are quite the topic at the moment," she said shaking Louis' hand. He simply nodded to her. She faced the camera and cued the camera guy.

***