Chapter 23

I woke feeling sluggish and tired. I looked over to the other side of the bed to notice that Luci wasn't there. Checking my phone, I realized that it was already noon. I yawned as I got out of the bed and walked to the common area. Luci was at the bar with a cup of tea and some paperwork. He smiled when he saw me.

"Hey, how'd you sleep," he asked. I shrugged and sat next to him at the bar. I rested my head on my arms and sighed.

"Okay I guess. I'm still tired," I answered.

"You're going to be tired for the whole first trimester," he chuckled. "I did some research on pregnancy this morning. I expect all of your symptoms to be magnified," he explained. I set my head face down in my arms.

"I'm already over it," I muttered. Luci laughed before kissing my head.

"Steve Harvey asked us to be on his show. So did Good Morning America and Ellen," he said. My head popped up quickly as I stared at him wide eyed.

"Why?" I asked, shocked.

"We're kind of a hot topic right now with the engagement and everything," he chuckled.

"When do you want to announce the pregnancy?" I asked as I laid my head back down.

"I figure we can do it at one of the interviews or at the engagement party," he replied. "Which interview do you want to do?" He asked as he picked up his mug.

"We can do all of them. I've always wanted to meet all of them. I feel like a Make-a-Wish patient," I thought out loud. He leaned back in his chair and set his tea down.

"Megan, you're not going to die. And we still have a ways to go before we have anything to worry about," he said seriously. I nodded but I still felt like a ticking time bomb.

"Let's announce the pregnancy on Ellen. She normally gives stuff away for huge news like that," I said changing the subject.

"I'll call ahead and let Ellen's producers know. A party planner is coming at two to get your opinions on planning the engagement party," Luci said. I hopped off of the stool and went to pour myself a cup of tea.

"Do I have to be presentable?" I asked as I set the kettle back on the stove.

"You can go low-key. She's meeting us down at the café," he answered. I took my mug to my room and went to the closet to pick out a pair of yoga pants and a crop top. After taking a sip of my tea. I set it on the bedside table before hopping in the shower. I kept staring at my stomach. It was hard to imagine that there was a baby in there. My stomach was still as flat as it'd always been. I washed up quickly before blow drying my hair and putting on light makeup because I looked like a raccoon with the bags under my eyes. Stepping into my room, I tied my hair in a loose bun and put on my clothes, complimenting it with a pair of Converse. I drank the rest of my tea before taking it to the kitchen sink. Luci was still going over his paperwork.

"We'll head down soon," he said as he set his paperwork aside and around the bar to where I was standing. His arms went around my waist from behind as I rinsed out the mug. Luci stopped my hands before turning me around to look at him.

"Slow down for a second, Megan. Are you okay? Really?" He asked. I shrugged. I didn't really know how I felt other than tired.

"I just... never imagined this would be my engagement," I admitted. Luci sighed as his hands ran down my arms.

"To me, things like marriage is a trivial human thing. If I say I love you, you're mine. That's all I need. But I know, to you, this is important, so I want to do everything I can to make it special. Let's get married for real. No ruse, just us," he said. I sighed and cast my eyes down. I couldn't help but to think about my impending death.

"But that wont really change anything," I replied. Luci held my face in his hands as he made me look at him.

"Just trust me, huh? I told you I have a plan," he said softly. I trusted him, I was just scared. I pecked him gently and quickly as not to ruin his shirt.

"I trust you," I said softly Even though I wasn't sure if he could stop my death. Luci smiled before dropping his hand to hold mine.

"Let's go," he said. We went to the second floor of the club and sat in the private section where the party planner was already waiting. She asked about my favorite colors and interests and jotted down my answers in her notes. We talked for only 20 minutes before she left.

"We should do the party first, then Steve Harvey, Ellen, the Good Morning America. That way there's an after interview on our big news," Luci said out loud. Everything felt like planning even though it was our lives. I felt like a busy First Lady.

"Whatever you think is best," I replied. Luci smirked before taking my hand. We went back upstairs before Luci started undoing the buttons of his shirt.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I went to the couch. Luci didn't say anything as he tossed his shirt aside and prowled towards me. He leaned over me as his wing flew out.

"I'm going to love you," he smirked at me before his lips came down to mine. I kissed him briefly before I leaned back as best as I could.

"But I'm pregnant," I said breathlessly. He only chuckled.

"Exactly," he agreed before he brought his lips back to mine. I didn't really understand, but it didn't matter because I wasn't going to stop him. It had been a while since Luci and I were intimate like this. With everything going on, we didn't have the time or always got interrupted.

Not this time...