Chapter 28

Luci wouldn't let me touch a thing as he and Michael packed our things. I sat on a barstool with my hands on my stomach, kicking my feet as Michael and Luci took our clothes and things down to the car. The furniture was staying since we got all new furniture and appliances at the new house already. When the last bag was taken down, Luci stood in front of me and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Do you want to go say goodbye to Rose before we leave? You won't be visiting as often after we get to our new house," he asked. I sighed and hopped off the stool. My tight navy blue maternity blouse, extenuated my small bump, putting it on display. I stretched before nodding. Luci hand went to my stomach lovingly.

"I love you," he said out of the blue. I chuckled as my hands rested on my aching back.

"I know. I love you too," I smiled. Michael came back and stood off to the side.

"Ready?" He asked.

"We have to go down to the café for a bit. Come with us," Luci replied. We went down the elevator to the first floor where the tables were full and the staff was bustling around. I felt a little awkward with Michael and Luci trailing on either side of me like bodyguards. Sarah saw us first.

"Whoa. You really are pregnant," she noted as she walked over to us. I chuckled with a shrug.

"I came down to say my goodbyes," I said. She hugged me gently.

"We're going to miss you here," she said before letting go of me. Her eyes went to Luci and Michael as she noticed the towers behind me.

"Megs!" Rose shouted as she came over too. Almost everyone's attention turned to me as she pointed me out. Rose jogged over and hugged me.

"Are you leaving?" Rose asked knowingly. I nodded.

"It happened that way, yeah," I answered. Rose stood next to Sarah, eyeing my bodyguard towers as well.

"And this is?" She asked, looking at Michael.

"Oh, this is my brother, Michael. He's helping with the heavy lifting," Luci explained.

"Wow, I guess being good looking runs in the family," Rose joked. Sarah and Rose giggles amongst themselves. I smiled and rolled my eyes at the pair.

"We'll set up a girls' day when you guys are off work one of these days," I promised. They nodded in agreement as Luci's hand went to the small of back.

"Ready?" He asked. I nodded before waving to the girls.

"We'll set up a date," I promised as I walked towards the back exit. It didn't take long to get to the new house. We passed through a wide gate and up the slabbed road to a roundabout in front of the mansion of a house. I stepped out completely shocked. When Luci said he found a house, I wasn't expecting this.

"So what do you think?" He asked.

"You are ridiculously excessive," I answered, my eyes still glued to the house. Michael stepped out of the driver's side with a chuckle.

"Lucifer does enjoy the finer things in life," Michael agreed. Luci took my head and led me up the front steps to the double wooden doors.

"I'll give you a tour," he said, quickly unlocking the door. We stepped into the foyer that was complete with a high ceiling and crystal chandelier. On either side were a set of stairs and openings to different spaces. The living room was on one side and the dining room on the other. The kitchen connected the two spaces behind the wall of stairs. The master bedroom was also downstairs complete with an en suite bathroom. There was an island with barstools here as well. Connecting the two sets of stairs was a banister. Upstairs there were about six rooms. Three of them were set up as guest rooms.

One was set up as an office and the other was the baby room. Everything Ellen gave us was already set up. The crib sat against the back wall with a rocking chair, changing station, and cubbies. The walls were painted a lavender color with accents of white. I sighed as I took a moment staring at the room. Luci wrapped his arms around my belly from behind me as his chin rested on my shoulder.

"I'm going to keep you both safe. You know that right?" He asked. I nodded, my arms resting over his. He kissed the side of my head. "Come sit in the living room while Michael and I bring our stuff inside," he said. I followed him back down the stairs to the living room. I watched TV as I sat on couch as Michael and Luci sped the clothes inside. It only took about half an hour for them to get everything inside and put away.

"Megan, this house has a state of the art security system. This remote can shut down every entrance and exit in two seconds flat. There will be times I have to go in to work, and I trust Michael, but just in case, this is a back up plan," Luci said, bringing me a small oval-shaped remote. He showed me what the different buttons did and even the button that opened the secret panic room hidden behind a bookshelf in the dining room.

"I'm going to go ahead and sleep now," Michael said going up the stairs. Now that he mentioned it, I was pretty exhausted myself. I stood with a stretch.

"That actually sounds like a good idea," I agreed. Luci chuckled before leading me back to the master bedroom.

"As you may already have guessed, the master is for us. And it's on the first floor so you don't have to climb any stairs. Last thing I need is for your clumsiness to surface on the stairs," he joked. I rolled my eyes and started taking my clothes off to get in the bed. Luci just sat on his side of the bed as he waited for me to get into my pajamas. I quickly crawled under the covers and snuggled close to him.

"Sweet dreams, Megan," he said softly.