CHAPTER-12

The 3rd day Aabir woke up very early.The just risen sun shining softly above the horizon when he stepped out of the tent while making knuckle cracking and yawning.The bonfire has gone out and the air was chilly enough for him to see his breath.

Aabir shivered involuntarily as the cool breeze replaced his body heat .He quickly put on his winter jacket and gloves and decided to go on a walk to enjoy the forest nature in this winter morning.

He began strolling around there in a casual way, without intending to go in any particular direction.

On his casual walk,his eyes caught sight of a girl by the lake with a canvas .Since the girl was standing in a distance and facing her back towards him ,Aabir couldn't recognize her.

"Who's that girl?And what is she doing there early in the morning?"He wondered aloud.

Driven by his curiousity,he went over to that direction and got surprised when he saw that it was none other than Zara.

She was busy mixing the colors in the palette ,dipping the brush in the colors and sliding strokes on the canvas.

Aabir cleared his throat to get her attention and Zara turned at him.

As Zara was so engrossed on her painting,his sudden voice had startled her and it was clear in the expression across her face.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."Aabir apologized quickly upon seeing her reaction.

She sighed"It's alright."She said and went back to continue her painting.

"I didn't know you could paint?"He expressed his amusement.

"Now you do."She muttered in reply.

"Would you mind If I stay here and watch you paint ?"Aabir asked hesitatingly.

Zara looked reluctant at first.To be honest ,she would prefer to be alone.But she couldn't say 'No' directly on his face and dishearten him .

"You can stay."She said and then continued her painting, pretending not to notice .

Aabir beamed with a smile and started observing her work,leaning against a tree,crossing his arms over his chest.

"You are a good painter."He commented after a while"Did you learn it?"

Zara chuckled"It's just a hobby I embraced over the years.It gives me an opportunity to relax,enjoy and learn concentration and patience at the same time."

"Painting as a hobby is a great way to relax."He murmured.

"Yes ."Zara nodded with a smile."It also gives us an opportunity to express your feelings and emotions most profoundly.It gives us the freedom of expression to out pour on the canvas your thoughts directly as well indirectly."

"Hmm."Aabir hummed, nodding along to her words.

"So what kind of stuff do you paint mostly?"He asked,carrying on their conversation.

"I like the natural beauty so I love to paint trees, mountains, lakes, sunrise, sunset etc."She replied,her hand busy on sliding strokes on the canvas with the brush.

"Can you draw or sketch human face?"

She chuckled and looked at him"My degree of skill isn't up to that level yet.I am still trying to master the basics."

"Ah,I see."he let out a soft chuckle.

The silent embraced them again.The rest of the time,Zara continued filling her canvas with colors while Aabir silently watched her doing so.