Chapter 14

In the forest.....

After running non-stop for a while,Zara finally stopped and stood by a fallen tree ,her one hand reached out and grasped the dead jut of a small brunch .

She looked around frantically and found herself in an unfamiliar place,surrounded by tall , magnificent trees.

"Where am I?"She looked around frantically and her heart sank when she realised she has lost in the woods.

She kept looking eagerly to find the way back to the camp.

"Why does I feel like I was here before?"She muttered, exhausted,scared and frustrated.

"I don't think I will ever find a way out."She covered her face with the palm of her hands as she felt her tears spill from her eyes.

The thought of being alone in the woods and have no idea of where to go was driving her nuts.There was so many terrible thoughts roaming in her mind that made her shiver .

And suddenly out of her utter desperation ,she screamed "Is anyone there?Help me!"

"Please help me!"She whispered through the cold wind, hoping it would send the message to someone .

Suddenly something moved in the woods as if it heard her request.And then she heard a sound of twigs snapping.Her head snapped up and beads of cold sweats formed on her forehead as she noticed something approaching towards her from the distance . She couldn't figure out what it was as she was unable see anything clearly because of the fog and darkness.

Taking a small step back,Zara continued to stare worriedly at that direction, expecting something big and deadly to jump out and attack her.

She was longing to escape but her legs weren't support her.She couldn't move,She couldn't gasp.She just stayed rooted on her spot.

After a while,that approaching thing or could say the human being, finally became visible to her and She blinked rapidly trying to clear her eyes.She wasn't sure whether her vision was correct or she was just imagining it.There was no way this person could be here.

"Zara!"Aabir called her name, stopping a few feets away from her.There was a look of relief on his face as he finally found her.

Zara's eyes watered, this time out of relief and happiness.

"Aabir!"Zara cried out in happiness and ran over to him and pulled him into a tight hug.

Aabir's heart skipped a beat when she crashed into him and hugged him tightly.This is the first time a girl came this close to him.
Girls are crazy for him and always use tactics to come close to him.But he never let them come close to him.He always maintained a safe distance from girls.He draw a line and never let them cross it.But Zara just now crossed that line even before he could see that.It was unexpected to him and he didn't understand how to react to it.

When Zara came back to her senses ,she jerked away from him in a snap.She mumbled a quick 'sorry' to him,casting her eyes on the ground.She couldn't dare to look into his eyes out of embarrassment.

"Are you okay?"He asked with concern.

She nodded in response.The physical and emotional toll was evident in the look of relief on her face.

"I can't tell you how happy I'm right now seeing you here. "She said, looking up at his face."But how did you reach here?"She asked with curiosity.

"Well,I happened to see Sina and Tina getting out of the forest by chance. I found it fishy and questioned them.From them I got to know that they scared you pretending to be a ghost on Sam's order.I was worried that you could get lost in the woods.So,I came looking for you."Aabir told her everything.