Chapter 15

It's been an hour since Aabir and Zara were wandering into the forest ,trying to find the way back to the camp.But they were nowhere near to their destination.Instead they were entering deep into the forest.

"Come on ,Zara.Hurry up!"Aabir's voice echoed in the forest.

"I can't keep up with you.Can't you just slow down a bit?"Zara requested that came out like a complaining more.

"I'm already walking as slow as possible for you.What do you want me to do now?Walk at a snail's pace ?"He retorted.

Because Aabir was the only hope to get her out of this damn forest,Zara restrained the urge to reply him back.

"Pick up the pace and walk by my side."Aabir said and started walking again.

Zara groaned in annoyance and began following him, dragging her feet and begging him to wait for her to catch up in every five seconds.

Fifteen minutes later,Aabir paused on his track when he felt that he was there;at that spot before.

Zara also halted,a few feets away away from him and leaned against a tree to catch up her breath.

While resting,she looked up and her eyes widened instant , seeing a snake hanging on the branch.

"S-snake"she stuttered ,her lips became dry and face turned pale.

She held her breath and slowly stepped away from the tree and then when she came to a safe distance,she  broke into a run towards Aabir instinctively.

"Zara,I think we were here before-"Aabir turned around and just at the moment,Zara collided with him that caught him off guarded.

As a result, both of them lost their footing and fell,rolling down the slope and ended up with getting small scratches on their bodies.

"What's wrong with you? "Aabir shouted at Zara, standing back on his feet."Have you gone mad?"He snarled while dusting his clothes.

Zara sat up slowly and looked up at him with glossy eyes.

"There was a s-snake on that tree branch.I'd got very scared....That's why I ran towards y-you ....I am sorry."her voice cracked towards the end of her sentence and eyes brimmed with tears that melted his anger.

"Okay,I got it.Don't cry now and get up."He said in a soft voice.

She nodded holding back her tears and began to stand.But the next moment she winced in pain and sat down,holding her ankles.

"What's wrong?Are you okay?"Aabir asked,alarmed.

"My ankle hurts."She replied, wincing in pain .

"Your ankle bone?Did you fracture it?"He asked worrily,bending down on one knee and taking a look on her ankle.

"I don't think it's that bad.I think I just pulled a muscle."She answered .

"That's also bad."Aabir mumbled ,his voice laced with worry.

He closed his eyes shut,exhaling sharply being clueless about what to do in this situation.

"We can't go on like this in the darkness.Either we'll get lost Or would be walking around in circles.You can't even walk now on a sprained ankle as it'll increase your risk for complications ."he said after a minute ,considering the situation they were in.

"What should we do then?"she asked .

"We can't just sit here and wait for help We need to find a safe place to spend the night.We'll find the way out when the sun comes up."He suggested.