7 - How It Happened

"Did they do anything to you before I came?" Soarin asked the Light blue mare in front of him. "Did they touch you?" He went on. He had asked a lot of questions since they came to his room. Dash shook her head as the answer for everyone of the questions.

"Why did you save me?" Dash asked. Soarin looked at her in the eyes with a smile. "I would never let anypony hurt you" He said. "Well, anypony except myself" He added, moving his hoof through Rainbow's mane. Rainbow frowned and looked away.

"Please Stop.." She said. Soarin looked down at her, slightly confused. "Why won't you understand?" She asked, looking down at the mattress of the bed she and Soarin were sitting on. "Understand what?" Soarin asked, putting his hooves around her waist. (She's sitting with her back turned to Soarin)

Dash didn't try to get out of his grip this time. She knew it would be of no use to struggle. "That I don't have any foal. I didn't even know you before I came here." She said. Soarin turned her so that she would be facing him. He put his right hoof under her chin, forcing her to look up with his left hoof still around her waist. "I never wrong an innocent pony, Got that?" He asked.

Dash closed her eyes and shook her head as a few tears started forming. She fought back the tears but a few escaped and rolled down her face. Soarin wiped her tears and hugged her. Just as before, Dash did not try to get away knowing it wouldn't work.

- - -

It was a dark night. Rainbow Dash was on her way home. No light except for the one the moon was giving. The only sound that could be heard was that of Rainbow's hooves. No pony except her was on the street. Everypony had already gone to bed.

Dash continued her silent walk, then suddenly stopped. A shadow passed by in front of her. She shook her head and continued walking, but stopped again when she heard a strange sound. Tik-Tik. Chills ran down Rainbow's spine as she heard it. Then, she heard it again. Tik-Tik.

She continued walking again and could still faintly hear the sound. Tik-Tik. She saw a royal guard making a round around and joined him, knowing he would pass by her house. The two ponies stood in silence. Dash wasn't sure if she was imagining the sound but the look on guard's face she was pretty sure he heard it too.

Finally, they started walking. On their way, they could still hear the sound, it got fainter and fainter but still audible. When they finally reached Rainbow's house. Dash ran in and slammed the door shut. She couldn't hear the sound anymore. She gave out a sigh of relief and went to bed.

The next day, she went to her friend, Galaxy Clash. She knocked on the door to Galaxy's house. A light purple pegasus mare with turquoise eyes and galaxy flowing hair opened the door. "Dashie! Long time no see!" She said, in a giddy voice, hugging her friend. Dash hugged back. Galaxy welcomed her In and they sat on the couch.

"So, why did you come all of a sudden? Galaxy asked. Dash told her everything that had happened the night before. "Dash... You had encountered a Tikwi" Galaxy told her. "What's a Tikwi?" Dash asked. "Tikwis are creatures that separate themselves from their lower halves at night time to go on a search for a living soul. Then, with their talons, they rip out the heart of their prey and feast" Galaxy to her. Dash shivered for a while before shaking her head and smiling. "Then I'm lu-" She was cut off. "They are master tricksters, the farther away they sound, the closer they are" Galaxy said again.

The two mares stared at each other. Rainbow with wide eyes and Galaxy with a serious expression.

- - -

(Mature Content Ahead)

Dash woke up, sweating. "Not this again!" She yelled in frustration. She looked around. She was in her room. She sighed and laid back down. She flinched when she felt something move besides her on the bed. It was.. Soarin?! She took another quick glance around the dark room. She was in Soarin's room and sleeping in his bed!