[1] the dare

A/N: SONG OF THE DAY: “Really Don’t Care” by Demi Lovato ft. Cher Lloyd

This whole story will be written in Luke’s point of view.

 >> TRAILER ON THE SIDE! <<

            “Michael, that’s ridiculous.” I rolled my eyes, looking around at my other bandmates to see if they found Michael’s dare just as dumb as I did. I was the one who originally suggested playing ‘Truth or Dare,’ but now I am already regretting it. I glanced over at Ashton, and he was just biting his lips and staring up at the ceiling; totally zoned out. Typical Ashton.

            “What? No it’s not!” Michael argued, genuinely shocked I found his dare stupid.

            “Yes it is.”

            “Whether it’s dumb or not, it’s still my dare. You still have to do it,” Michael pointed out, running a hand through his hair. “You already used your chicken on Calum’s dare to run around naked outside.”

            “That was dumb too,” I crossed my arms, “I think you guys just want me to get in trouble.”

            “Well, you’re doing it anyways. I’m sorry, but you know that those are the rules of the game. ” Michael demanded. “It’s not even that bad. You just have to tell the world that you and Calum are a couple and make it believable. It’s simple.”

            “But we’re not a couple…”

            “Exactly. You need to fake it. Convince the world.” Michael cleared his throat.

            “But even if we do convince them, we’re going to have to tell the fans it’s fake eventually, right? So, what’s the point?” Calum pointed out, and I nodded in agreement with his argument. I really just think Michael enjoys making us do things that we don’t want to do. I really hate him sometimes for that.

            “There doesn’t need to be a point, Column.”

            “Did you just call me column?” Calum raised an eyebrow.

            “Yes, I did. It’s your new nickname,” Michael smirked. “So, which one of you boys is going to tweet about you being together? I think it should be Luke, because after all, this is his dare.”

            “You couldn’t have picked truth? Really, Luke?” I heard Calum mumble. I sighed, ignoring his comment and pulling out my phone. I opened Twitter and luckily I was already logged in. I cursed at Michael one last time before I began tweeting.

            Luke5SOS: Happy to announce that @Calum5SOS and I are a couple! I wish I could’ve told you guys sooner! CAKE IS REAL!

            I was hoping the fans would take the tweet as a joke, but they actually believed it. I had some people saying they supported us, and I had other people calling us disgusting. I ignored the hate tweets, and I put my phone back in my pocket just so I wasn’t tempted to read any more replies. I was already mad at Michael, and I didn’t need to be sad on top of it. I looked up at Michael, rolling my eyes for the millionth time tonight.

            “There, I did it. Happy?” I scoffed.

            “Yes.”

[x]

            I wasn’t sure how long Calum and I would have to keep this up, and I felt horrible for having to lie to our fans. Meanwhile, both Michael and Ashton have been constantly reminding us to do small romantic gestures while we were in public. I’m not saying they were forcing us to make-out – which I was glad we didn’t have to – but they were telling us to wrap our arms around each other. That wasn’t bad at all, because friends usually do occasionally rest their arm against each other.