4

.
.
.
“Thank you anak (daughter) for taking this responsibility that I suggested from your Titonong.”  Appreciately uttered the former Philippine General in Chief to his daughter, who is listening intently to him.

There having a father, daughter talk right now after they went to General Domninggo Ramos Head Quarters.

They both coffee lovers that’s why they stop over to their favorite coffee bar.

“Tay, don’t mention it……..I would never say ‘Yes’ to Titonong (Mixing the Godfather and Uncle) if I can’t handle this, so no worries tay.”  Unfortunately behind the mask of confidence appearance is a worried young surgeon……deep inside she’s kind of apprehensive.

Glaiza know she can handle this situation but the expectation that her god father of an uncle show in his face earlier when they have the talk, make her more nervous.

She doesn’t want to be over confident…….this is a life and death situation, that the daughter of her Titonong has been absconding discretely.

And now in the middle of this ambiguous affair………..she’s middling without the person whose involve of this matter knowledge of her existence……..’Good luck to that’.  

“Don’t get me wrong anak, I know your Titonong’s suggested men are very capable and really professional in terms of their work but I can’t trust them Lai…………….I only trust you anak.  But don’t think I’m not worried of your safety…….I am and so much so, but I have the confident that you will not put yourself in danger situation if the times call for it……right anak?”  Pleading is what she sees in her father’s eyes.

“Tay?”  Now she’s confused with her forehead so crest……how would her father say it to her, when in the first place they in trusted her with the life of a human being, not just an ordinary being but none other than the daughter of her Titonong.

“I know anak……I know, it’s just that…….” Before her father finished his sentiment, she cut him off.

“Tay…………you can’t expect me to do that and besides our life are not in our hands that we can control…….only god knows, just leave it to ‘HIM’ and tay don’t worry I assure you nothing bad will happened to me.”    She knows that promising something to her father that she’s not sure of is quite difficult………but looking at her father’s face that is vexed about her safety is a different story, she would do anything or promise everything just to wipe out the sadness in his eyes…..anything……anything at all.

“Promise?”  Asked again by the retired Genera Chief to his daughter………holding her hand.

The young surgeon just shake her head nonetheless she nod as well, insuring her dad……who’s like a kid.

Glaiza wants to laugh at the look of her father but as she see how serious her old man, she contain it and leave it to herself.

“So….when are you going to start anak?”  Probed her oldman, seeping the delicious coffee, Macchiato (also known as a Piccolo Latte) his favorite.

The macchiato (mah-key-AH-toe) is a cornerstone of Italian coffee culture, along with the espresso and cappuccino, among other coffee drinks.

It's basically an espresso (served in a demitasse cup) with a small amount of foamed milk on top -- the name macchiato means "marked."

While Glaiza on the other hand love her cappuccino with extra foam with it. 

A cappuccino, Italian pronunciation: [kapputˈtʃiːno] Italian plural cappuccini) is an espresso-based coffee drink that originated in Italy, and is traditionally prepared with double espresso and steamed milk foam.