FHS-Sixteen

CARL
"What did Sam do?" Faina asked curiously when I got to my new house.

I picked her up at Lisa's place on Sunday evening. She had been quite and moody when I got there. Lisa told me about her fight with her boyfriend. I didn't care much about it and persuaded her into moving in with me. We always planned to get a house on our own and I couldn't wait to share it with her.

"He pulled some trick on me and the contract signing got delayed. I've to come up with something to prove my innocence or else I'll be out of the company for good. I can't believe he really did that to me." she wasn't even paying attention to what I was blabbing about. She seemed lost in another world and I had to bring her back to mine with a tender kiss.

"Stop it." she pushed me off gently and walked to the window. She stood there for a while and sighed. "Do you think he found out about us?" she asked worriedly and I hugged her from behind.

I kissed on her neck and she moaned out. My touches makes her go crazy.

"Who cares if he knew or not? It's over between you two."

"I think he knew. He started acting cold to me and sleeping out."

"That was because he was fucking Mila." she turned to me in a rush and her eyes started to well up. "Your Sam did, Holly."

"No, he can't... do that. Sam... isn't that kind of person. He... loves...me." her voice was breaking bad.

"You trust him more than you trust me? I even watched the video in his presence." she turned from me again and I saw her wipe tears.

"I'm not going to believe that."

"He fucked Mila! Why will I lie about this and what is so special about him?" I turned her to face me and tears were all over her face.

"Because I love him! He has always been good to me and I was always the one who hurts him. I turned him into this kind of person."

"You love him? Why do you say it to make me really pissed off! Do you love seeing me get this mad?"

"I do okay and I'm not going to lie about it because of your damned feelings. I shouldn't have walked into that room with you. I regret it everyday for doing those things with you." she wiped off tears and heaved.

I was looking at her wipe them off. Her tears about him even hurts me.

"I just got off a very bad meeting. This is the least I expected from you. We wanted this together, this dream of mine. If crying over a guy who fucked my life up is what you think is best right now, go ahead. I'll give you the shoulder to cry onto and wipe your tears like he did when I wasn't there for you."

I walked away from her and turned to her again. There was so much I wanted to yell about. "And I loved you. I probably loved you more than he did and more than he ever will. I did more than just hurting you in those years we've been together. I know you won't remember any of that because you think I only played with your feelings and only slept around with girls."

"Did you take the money out of the company?" she asked and I was so marveled by her question.

"You will know if I did Holly. You know me better than anyone else."

"And I know Sam too. He wouldn't accuse you of something you didn't do."

"One more word about him Holly, and I'm going to hit that head of yours so hard on the wall!"

"But he..."

"Shut the fuck up!" I warned and stormed off the house. Why do people only remember the bad things you did instead of praising for the good things you once did in their life?