XXI

sunnie woke up in a bed. not a normal bed, but a bed in the hospital. she blinked a few times, trying to get clearer vision.

she turned her head and there was someone in the chairs for non-patients. he was just sitting there, scanning the room, watching over her. the one person she hasnt seen in years. the person that she would have never thought of seeing him in a million years.

luhan.

her frienemy.

her friend, yet playful target.

luhan.

luhan noticed that she was awake

"huh, so you're not dead." luhan said, giving her a judgemental look.

"why am i here? i need to see my mom!" sunnie shouted.

"calm down layu. you fainted silly. and you got a little cut riiiiggghhtt...." luhan stood up and walked towards her.
"here." luhan flicked the little bandaid on her head.

"ow... i can see you never changed." sunnie said while rubbing her head.

"why are you even here? shouldn't you be in china?" sunnie asked.

"believe it or not, but my parents decided to move here. surprised? I didnt think so either." luhan sounded sarcastic, but he was actually serious.

"what the hell? for real? and how the hell did you notice it was me who fainted in the elevators?"

"i didnt notice it was you until i picked you up. thats right. i had to carry your heavy ass to the front desk." luhan scoffed.

sunnie's face looked down at her nails, biting her bottom lip as if her feelings were hurt.

luhan sighed. "im sorry, i didnt mean for it to come off harsh. its just... been a while."

"why are you even in the hospital?" sunnie mumbled.

"hm.. should i really tell you? or shall you be surprised?" luhan wondered.
"haha just kidding. tao passed out on the air plane. dumbass kid."

"wait.. TAO? you've got to be kidding me. PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE KIDDING!" sunnie started freaking out.

"not kidding. but guess who's watching over him right now? kris."

sunnie started crying in joy. she wasnt mad at all, she was just happy that she'll get too see them again.

"you have no actual idea how much i missed you dumb little fucks." sunnie laughed while still crying.

"well, we wanted to surprise you but i guess i ruined everything. whoops." luhan shrugged.

sunnie discharged herself and was making her way back to her moms room.

"wait layu. i know its been a while, but why exactly are YOU here?" luhan asked.

"oh... my moms doctor called me and said that my moms in the hospital right now, so i just need to see what's happening right now." sunnie explained.

"im sorry if anything terrible happened to her. i'll pray for you. and... we'll call you up tomorrow for a surprise." luhan smirked.

sunnie smiled. she couldn't wait to see all of them, but it's definitely worth the wait if she does.
———————————————————

sunnie slowly walked in towards a patients room which was her moms.
she sighed in relief as she saw her mother.

she walked up to the bed and saw her sleeping peacefully.

"mother... why are you here? you should be home, doing laundry, listening to music, being happy, singing the songs you always sung when i was born, everything. you should be healthy. why? why are you here? dont tell me that you are doing it again. please, please... dont tell me you're trying to overdose yourself! you said you'd quit. you said you'd take your medication pills everyday. you said you'd be healthy as you can be! please... please stay strong..." sunnie broke into tears, on her knees, holding her moms hand as her mom was sleeping.

"please, dont give up..."

————————————————————