13 - Love is a Mayhem or Maybe Not!

I was awakened by the non-stop vibration of my phone from my dress pocket. I rubbed my eyes to see where I was.

Here I was – lying inside Ram’s car, at the back seat and I found him sitting in the driver’s seat and he was looking at me from his rear view mirror.

I went out of his car and into the passenger seat beside him. We were both silent for a few moment before he spoke though he wasn’t looking at me.

“How’s your arm? I wanted to take you to the hospital but I knew you wouldn’t want to freak your parents out.” He said in a monotone and I just automatically replied.

“Thanks.”, then there was silence again.

Why was it so awkward? I really have no idea what just happened that silenced Ram.

I decided to check my phone since it hasn’t stopped vibrating. I looked at it and found multiple missed calls and one whatsapp message from Kasey – I decided to open her message first and there was an attach one-minute video on it.

From: Kasey

My midterm exam is safe! The guy totally likes you.

It was Ram lifting Patrick from his shirt collar and Patrick was smirking and laughing at him. Ram spoke with an authoratative intimidating tone, “Where is she?”

“Oh Prince Charming is looking for Cinderella.. I think she left her shoe there”, he pointed on mid-air. He was making fun of Ram.

“What did you do to her?!”, Ram interrogated.

“Nothing. I just showed her how to have a good time.”, he said in a mocking voice.

Ram was shivering in anger but he managed to calm himself down. He released Patrick and walked away.

“Oh and by the way, her lips tasted like cherry.”, Patrick called out to him while laughing.

Ram punched him in the face out of nowhere and he fell on the floor, he just wiped the blood bleeding from his nose and continued to laugh.  Then Ram stormed off.

The video ended with Patrick barely walking straight, he was disoriented probably because of the sucker punch and because he was stoned.

"You didn't have to punch him", I said but deep inside I was happy that Patrick got what he deserve after all he harassed me.

I mindlessly touched my lips, it disgusted me. My first kiss was from that smug-jerk. I badly wanted to cry but I just suppressed it. 

"Did you kiss him back?" Ram blurted out almost choking. 

"What!? No. He took me by surprise, I didn't like it at all.", I answered lowly while I twirled my point fingers at each other. How I wished it was you. 

"Then I don't regret what I did to him. He violated you.---" then he lowered his head to his steering wheel, "---it was my fault. I shouldn't have let you off my sight, I got distracted with everyone around me.", he said in a low voice. 

Did I even have to hear that?! He, enjoying Chelsea dancing his ass off near him? - I don't think so. I look outside the window so he won't see me hurt just in case he decided to glance at me.

 "That wound, did Patrick cause you that!?", he said in a now angry tone.

 I shook my head, "A branch of tree scratched onto my skin while I was running towards the forest."

 "What forest?"

 "Uhhh. The forest where you find me. Duh?"

"I found you on an abandoned playground Thea."