16 - We're a Disaster in the Making

It has been two days since I started to watch Raguel do his alchemy thing in his laboratory and honestly contrary to the fascination I felt before, I started to get bored. I think he has been doing the same thing for two days now and I wanted to accuse him that he really didn’t want me to watch him work at all.

I knew that he was uneasy doing his alchemy while I was around, I knew that deep inside he probably wanted me not to understand what he was doing. Yet, everyday for those two days, he still picked me up from my room to his lab.

I’ve been screaming hypocrite in my mind! I knew what they were doing, aside from all the goodness I did in the past they still considered me as a threat and I couldn’t blame them for thinking that way. They’re just doing their “jobs”. Even if I was in their shoe, I’d do the same. Keeping the threat near you would be safer than letting her roam around Earth without you knowing what she’d gonna do next.

I’m not their visitor but a prisoner. They thought I didn’t have any idea that I was being detained but the truth was, I knew that when the going gets tough I’d be stabbed in the heart or something similar to that that will lead to my death.

No me equals no danger equals no threat equals balanced Creation.

So why didn’t they just kill me then? What were they waiting for? Were they waiting for me to go crazy and just voluntarily kill myself so their hands wouldn’t get blood stains?

Ahhh. No. They couldn’t because they didn’t know what I have completely done in the pass and according to them I have left clues and hints about who I really was that only I could discover. They’re waiting for me to solve my own mystery and once I solved it – maybe that’ll be the time for my death.

I just hope that whatever mystery I concealed in the past was worth dying for.

I got worn out on flipping side by side on my bed while scrutinizing my thoughts, so I stood and walked around my room.

There has got to be some way for me to know more but how would I do that without them getting suspicious?

That’s when I noticed the black book on the chair I sat on when I arrived here.

Are you the one they were looking for? I asked myself.

I flipped through the pages and searched for magic spells but there were nothing but random images. I couldn’t recognize most of the images but some were familiar - like my cratered coral blue stone, the vial with the bullet and the old wooden chest.

I suddenly remembered the blank journal at the old chest, there were inserted pages with drawings but I could only remember the drawing of triquetra. Maybe that journal and this book were somehow related.

I flipped the pages over and over again hoping that there might be some clue on it – but I saw nothing. I even stared at the book’s cover but it was just plain black. Or was it? I stared closely at it and realized that some parts of the cover were embossed but to my frustration – I couldn’t form any letters with it.

Gently I touched it and it was amazing because I felt that the first embossed part was a letter – “T”

I had an idea and I took a pen from the table. I tried to touch the embossed parts and wrote it down to the first blank page of the black book.

Finally, I finished touching the last part of the book with embossed writings and I read what I wrote.

There’s more to this book than meets the eye, within the chronicles your secrets lye.

Pandora has a box and you have these facts, now say this spell “profero vere vas”

And just below my writings, a passage with the same handwritings as mine appeared.