Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

From the moment Louis and Sam left the café to when they pulled up in front of Louis' apartment building and all the way up the stairs to Louis' apartment, Sam had been non-stop teasing Louis, who was truly regretting agreeing on getting a ride home with him.

"Shawn and Louis, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First, comes love in a carriage, there's nothing wrong with sex before marriage."

"For God's sake, shut up!" Louis snapped as they reached the top of the stairs. "That's not even how the song goes."

"It is now. For you and your new lovebird." Sam laughed as Louis barged straight into his apartment.

"I'm going to murder you," he shot over his shoulder as Sam followed him inside.

"Aw, come on, Lou-Lou. You should be happy! You're finally growing up!" Sam mocked as he took a seat at the small kitchen counter, watching Louis as he now moved into the kitchen, grabbing a drink from the fridge.

"This isn't funny, Sam. I hate dates. Actually, I've never been on a date. This is going to be a nightmare," Louis rambled, leaning his elbows on the counter in front of Sam.

"It won't be that bad. Who knows, you may fall in love, and, plus, it's always good to try new things. Just don't try too many new things," Sam finished, winking at Louis.

"Ugh, you're the worst."

"You love me!" Sam gently pushed Louis' supporting elbow out from under him. "You even said it yourself! He was cute!"

"That was before I knew he wanted to ask me out!" Louis retorted, propping himself back up again. "Would it be uncalled for if I just didn't respond to the text when I got it?"

"Uhm, yes. And I would also beat your ass for doing that," Sam stated matter-of-factly. "What's the worst that could happen?"

"I don't know, Sam. I could die?"

"Stop being dramatic. He hasn't even texted you yet."

"And?" Louis questioned.

"He may not even be interested anymore."

"God, I could only hope."

"You're such a drama queen."

Sam laughed at Louis, who just glared back at him before getting up and moving out of the kitchen and into his room.

"You're literally the worst person on the planet." Louis fell onto his bed, and the springs groaned loudly. "I didn't even invite you to my house."

"Louis, this isn't even a house," Sam stated. "It's barely an apartment."

"Well, damn... You got me there." Louis chuckled.

"I have no idea how you sleep on that bed," Sam said suddenly, looking at Louis as his arms and legs hung carelessly over the edge of the mattress. "That looks like the most uncomfortable thing ever."

"Who said I slept?" Louis questioned.

"Crap, good point," Sam murmured, shoving Louis' legs out of the way so he could sit down.

"I'm full of good points," Louis muttered.

"Please, don't get sexual with me, Louis."

"Me, get sexual? Never."

"Seeing how you get when a boy seems to like you, I don't doubt that." Sam laughed, and Louis gave him a swift kick in the back.

"Rude, Samuel. Rude."