Chapter Thirty-Seven

"So, Kara tells me you've known each other since you were very little?" Sarah asked after a moment of silence, and Louis had glad they had changed the subject after he left.

"Yeah, it's been quite a while."

"That's awesome! I don't keep in touch with any of the people I knew before we moved." Sarah looked between Kara and Louis. "You have a pretty special friendship."

"Yeah, when he's not an asshole." Kara laughed.

"Way to ruin the moment, Kara." Louis caught a glimpse of his manager. "Alright, I should get back to work. I'll catch you in a bit."

"I should go too, but I will be back!" Sarah said and jumped up from her seat, smiling brightly at Louis and Kara before walking to the exit.

"I like her," Kara said, watching Sarah leave.

"I'm glad, but I do actually have to get back to work."

"Alrighty. Have fun, Buttercup!"

With that, Louis got up from his seat and headed back to the counter, deciding that he didn't need to clean anymore. Once he started serving customers, the time flew by. In no time at all, he was signing off for the day.

Kara's voice floated into Louis' ears as he walked over to her. "And here comes the main man."

"Have you really been here all day?" Louis asked, slipping into the seat opposite her.

"Would it be weird if I said yes?"

"Yes."

"Well, then, yes, I have," she said with a smile. "You only worked for six hours?"

"Yeah, I told them I had family visiting, so I got off early."

"You'll get fired, Lou-Lou."

"Nah, I'm too good at my job."

The two friends laughed, letting the conversation flow. Due to not having the chance the previous night to do so, they caught up on the past week with each other, and Louis filled in Kara more about his 'not-date' he had with Shawn.

"Shawn is friends with Isaac?" she asked.

"Yeah," Louis said with an awkward chuckle.

"That's really weird, and a massive coincidence. Doesn't Isaac know you went on a date with his friend?"

"Not that I know of, but it wouldn't surprise me if Shawn told him."

"Wait, so Shawn knows about you and Isaac?" Kara asked, trying to wrap her head around the situation.

"Yes, I told him."

"Uh, why?"

"Because... I don't know. It just happened; can we move on now?" Louis asked, trying to get Kara to drop the subject. He failed.

"This whole thing is super, super weird, Louis."

"Really? I hadn't noticed." Louis stood up from his seat. "Come on, let's get out of here before they make me start working again." Kara nodded in agreement, and they went to the exit.

"Louis! Are you finished?" Sarah pushed through the entrance of the café just as Louis and Kara were about to reach it, and she wasn't alone.

A guy stood beside her. They looked very similar, but he had light brown hair instead of blonde, and he was much taller. Not quite as tall as Louis, but he was close. Louis couldn't deny that he was attractive. He had a strong jawline and hazel eyes, another aspect that was different from Sarah. He also seemed well built, and Louis wouldn't want to get into a fight with him. Taking a closer look at him, Louis could have also sworn he had seen him before.