Certainty

Certainty

Written By
Louis Stan

The decision to live a dream or keep facing reality seems easy enough, but if you had that choice, what would you choose? The perfect paradise or the trial of life? It seems easy enough. But dreams are often twisted and misconstrued; like a rumour, they could start out innocent enough but put it on repeat and you'll start to notice the changes. Even if that weren't the case and the dream world you decide to reside in is, in fact, perfect, would you truly be happy? If everything was just right, and you didn't have to work for anything or worry, could you safely say you wouldn't want more?

You keep looking for excuses to be unhappy in the life you have. You keep looking for an escape. But how can you say with certainty that that escape will be worth it? In time, with every passing day—with every passing minute—you'll find that things become easier. The uncertainty you felt will become a certainty.

Life was never meant to be easy, nor was it meant to be fair. You don't always get what you give, and those who take don't always get back what they deserve. Everything about this life is filled with uncertainty. It fills us with the desire to find something better. To escape to a place where everything is perfect. But the thing is; we don't need perfection. We just need hope.

Dreaming of that perfect reality gives us hope. It gives us something to work towards. We'll never reach it, nor do we really want to reach it. Because, when things aren't perfect, it gives us the chance to have experiences. We love and we lose because of this. We succeed and we fail. That's life. It's filled with uncertainty, and it's ever-changing. We can never be sure of the future. We can never be sure of what's to come. But the prospect of perfection. The concept of a better tomorrow. That's what makes time move forward. That's what makes us move forward.

That's a certainty.