Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter Thirty-Five

"I need to pee." She sighed.

"Thanks for that information." Louis shook his head. "The bathroom's right beside this room."

"I know, I went before you got back." She smiled and left the room, leaving Louis alone, smiling like an idiot.

"I thought you were on a date with a guy?" A soft voice floated through the wall, and Louis' stomach dropped.

He sat upright on his bed and looked over at the door, and listened, making sure Kara was still in the bathroom before responding.

"I was. I didn't bring him back with me." Louis chuckled. "I'm with my best friend."

"I thought your best friend was a guy?"

"I have more than one best friend. Actually, all my friends are my best friends," Louis replied thoughtfully. "Though I do only have three."

"Four."

"Oh, right. I forgot Jesus." Louis heard Isaac's muffled laugh through the wall and felt himself smile even more.

"Are you gonna tell me about the date?" Isaac asked once he contained himself.

"It was... interesting," Louis responded, not really sure how to respond.

Shawn was Isaac's friend, and Louis would be lying if he said he wasn't concerned that Shawn would talk to Isaac about him. Shawn's words from earlier still played on Louis' mind, now more than ever, with Isaac talking to him. Should he take a chance with this boy who had moved in next door? It had been a couple of weeks now since they first started talking, and Louis still couldn't help but get butterflies in his stomach when they spoke.

"How so?" Isaac's voice pulled Louis out of his thoughts, and he listened hard again, making sure Kara wasn't coming into his room.

"Well, it wasn't really a date, 'cause neither of us actually wanted to go." Louis let out an awkward laugh. "But he was a really nice guy, but just not my type, I guess."

"What is your type?"

"Yeah, Louis, what is your type?" Louis' gut dropped when Kara's voice stormed the room.

Louis snapped his head around to the doorway of his bedroom. Kara stood there, looking both smug and confused.

"That scared the crap out of me," Isaac stated through the wall, seemingly startled at Kara's voice.

Louis' face flushed a bright red, and he didn't really know how to handle the situation. He had been meaning to tell Kara about 'the boy beyond the wall', but he hadn't, and now he had no idea what was going through her mind. She probably thought the situation was the weirdest thing in the world.

"Who's that?" Kara asked, moving to sit down next to Louis, who was doing all he could to avoid eye contact.

"I'm Isaac," the voice through the wall answered Kara's question, as Louis kept his mouth shut, still trying to stop his face from blushing as much as it was. "You must be Louis' best friend."

"The one and only," Kara responded with a smile, though confusion was still etched on her face.

"I don't know; Louis said he had three best friends."

"I always knew he was a slut." Kara snickered, and Isaac followed suit, all while Louis wished he could disappear. "I'm Kara, by the way."

"It's nice to meet you!" A small thump came from the wall, and Kara looked at Louis.

"Because he can't shake your hand, he wants you to tap the wall. You know, to simulate a high-five," Louis mumbled before he could stop the words from coming out of his mouth, and Kara let out a laugh, but imitated Isaac.