Realization

The school day was over and you found out that both you and Saiki had the rest of your classes together. Since you were from America, you were used to differing class schedules from your classmates. After your last class, you asked him if he wanted to come over after school for a study group of just the two of you and he accepted your offer. You met up with Saiki at the school entrance and started heading to your house.

'I wonder if my buddy Saiki is free after school. I heard about another ramen shop that I want to check out with my best buddy. I'm going to have to find him and ask.' You heard Nendou's thoughts fairly close by.

"Crap, Nendou's looking for you Saiki. Let's hurry!" You said as you grabbed a confused Saiki by the hand and started running. You ran until you reached an empty alleyway and teleported both you and Saiki to your front door.

"Phew! We escaped from Nendou." You said, panting as Saiki looked at you in a bit of shock and confusion.

"Wait, how did you know Nendou was looking for me?" Saiki asked you as you gave him a confused look.

"I read his thoughts, how else would I have known?" You told Saiki who's facial expression became even more confused than yours.

"I can't read Nendou's thoughts at all. He's not intelligent enough for me to read his mind. I have the same problem with insects and other small invertebrates and vertebrates. Their brains are too small for me to hear what they're thinking. That's why they creep me out." Saiki admitted as he shivered at the memory of the insect incident with the cockroach inside his house.

"I have no limits to what peoples' and creatures' minds I can or cannot read. So I'm able to read the thoughts of anyone or any creature that has the capability to process information, simple minded or complicated. As you could imagine, can be quite inconvenient. By the way, my parents aren't home right now. My dad is at work and my mom is picking up my older brother from school. He's only a year older than me, but because of his handicap, he has to go to a school that has accommodations to suit his physical capabilities. That's why he doesn't go to PK Academy like I do." You revealed as you opened the front door to your house and welcomed Saiki inside. You then led him upstairs to your bedroom and set your backpack down by your desk.

"You can set your stuff anywhere you like." You told Saiki as he set down his school bag beside your bed.

"Is it okay if I sit down on your bed?" He asked you, making sure he wouldn't do anything to annoy you. Normally, he wouldn't really care. However with you, it was different.

"Yeah it's fine. Hey, do you want something to eat? Although the only snacks we have are small tubs of coffee jelly. I saw them back in America at a store called Oriental Accent Arts. I bought a two-pack because they looked delicious and I absolutely loved them when I tried them. Unfortunately, that was the only store that carried them and they ran out of stock all the time because I bought out the store of their coffee jelly every time they ordered more. I was so excited to find coffee jelly in the grocery stores here in Japan." You droned on about coffee jelly, a look of awe forming on your face which seemed to make your aura glow brighter.

'God, I love this girl even more.' Saiki thought to himself. You didn't notice Saiki's mental comment because you were too busy thinking about coffee jelly.

"Yeah I'll have some coffee jelly. It's actually my favorite dessert. I have a big sweet tooth but coffee jelly is the best of the sweets." Saiki revealed. You beamed at him, excited that you had another thing in common.

"I know right?! I'm so glad I moved here with my family because now I can find coffee jelly everywhere." You said to Saiki. Then your facial expression became a little sullen.