Surprise Dinner Guest

You and Kusuo were making out in his bedroom when his mother knocked on the door, telling you that dinner was ready. Disappointed, you both stood up and headed downstairs to join Kusuo's mother and father for dinner.

"I hope you like udon noodles, (f/n)." Kurumi said as she placed the food on the table then sat down next to her husband. You and Kusuo sat at the table next to each other on the other side of the table. There was one more spot set at the table which you and Kusuo thought was weird.

"Hey Mom, Dad, why is there another spot set at the table?" Kusuo asked his parents.

"Oh! Kusuke called and said he was coming over for dinner." Kurumi answered as Kusuo furrowed his brows.

"So you knew my brother was coming over and you didn't tell me?" Kusuo asked in an annoyed tone.

"Well it was kind of a surprise. We didn't know until just a few moments ago." Kuniharu said as someone knocked on the door.

"Oh, that must be Kusuke!" Kurumi said as she got up from the table to answer the door. She came back with a guy with blonde hair covering one eye wearing a strange device right above his forehead.

'So this is Kusuo's older brother. Interesting, he doesn't have any resemblance to either Kusuo's parents or Kusuo.' You thought to yourself.

"This was quite a surprise Kusuke." Kuniharu said as Kusuke chuckled.

"Yeah, sorry for the late notice. I was in town for something my school is having me do, so I thought I'd stop by. I see you have a guest over for dinner. You must be Kusuo's girlfriend. I'm his older brother Kusuke." Kusuke said as he held out his hand to you.

"Hi, I'm (f/n) (l/n). Nice to meet you." You said as you took Kusuke's hand and shook it and Kusuke smiled.

'Wow, Kus-o rea--y l-nded a n-ce one.' You heard Kusuke's thoughts, but something was off. His thoughts cut in and out like a conversation over the phone with a bad connection.

"Hey Kusuo, something weird is happening with your older brother. When I hear his thoughts, they cut in and out like there's some kind of reception interference. And how did he know I was your girlfriend?" You said to Kusuo telepathically. Kusuo looked at you with a look of surprise on his face.

"Wait you can read Kusuke's thoughts? I can't read his thoughts at all because he wears that telepathy canceler on his head that he made. He's a super genius. He probably just guessed correctly that you're my girlfriend. His intelligence is unbelievable, though I hate to admit it." Kusuo told you telepathically.

'Hmm Ku-uo and (f/n) h-ve been staring at ea-- oth-r for a wh-le now wi--out t-lking. C--ld it be th-t she's a psych-c too?' You heard Kusuke think to himself as he sipped from his glass of water.

'Well I guess he already figured it out anyways so might as well spill the beans.' You said to Kusuo telepathically as he just nodded in response.

"Yes Kusuke, I am a psychic." You said to Kusuke. He spit out his water and snapped his head back in surprise.

"W-wait, you can read my thoughts?! But how? I'm wearing my telepathy canceler! Hmm that must mean that your psychic powers are stronger than my little brother's. I guess I'm going to have to make a new telepathy canceler." Kusuke said before continuing to drink his water. Dinner continued like normal with friendly conversation. Eventually the topic shifted to your family.

"So the reason me and my family moved to Japan is because my dad got a better paying job here. He needed to make more money so we could afford to get my brother synthetic legs. You see, my brother had to have his legs amputated due to an accident that happened a long time ago. And plus Japan has the best technology in the world." You said before taking another bite of your udon noodles.