First Impression Part 1

Note: (b/n) = brother's name

You and Kusuo were having a study group at your house with just the two of you. It had only been about an hour or two since you both started working on your homework when you heard the front door open. Your mother and older brother had returned home.

"(f/n), your brother and I are home! Could you help me with some groceries?" You heard your mother say in English.

"I'll be right there!" You yelled towards the stairs as you put your pencil down and stood up, motioning for Kusuo to get up.

"Come on Kusuo. I want to introduce you to my mom and older brother. You'll meet my dad when he comes home from work later today." You smiled at Kusuo.

"Alright." Kusuo sighed as he got up and followed you out of your bedroom and down the stairs. He wanted to be alone with you, but you wanted him to meet your family. And he didn't want you to think of him as rude and impolite, so he agreed to go with you. When you got downstairs, you hugged your mother and brother. When your brother saw Kusuo come down the steps, he glared at him.

'Who is this guy? And why was he following (f/n) out of her bedroom?' Your brother thought to himself.

'This is odd for (f/n) to have someone over. She hasn't invited anyone over since that one day.' Your mother said to herself mentally. Both your brother's and mother's thoughts were in Japanese which surprised Kusuo. Since your family just moved over to Japan from America, he expected for your family to think and speak in English.

"Hi Mom, (b/n). Welcome home. There's a friend of mine I want you to meet. This is Saiki Kusuo, he goes to my school. I invited him over for a study session. Kusuo, this is my mom and (b/n), my older brother." You gestured back and forth between your mother, brother and Kusuo who just smiled and bowed politely.

"Hello Saiki. It's nice to meet you. I see my daughter has taken a liking to you quite fast." Your mother smiled and greeted Kusuo in decent Japanese as she set down some groceries on the counter and came back over. Your brother just sighed and shot Kusuo an annoyed look.

'My little sister has been distant from people ever since the day of the accident that left me like this. Why is she acting all friendly with this guy out of nowhere? Mom is under reacting to this situation. He's probably one of those manipulative perverts.' Both you and Kusuo heard (b/n) think to himself.

'(b/n) is just overprotective of me. He'll warm up to you eventually.' You reassured Kusuo telepathically.

"So you speak fluent Japanese?" Kusuo asked your mother who chuckled a little. Both your mother and brother seemed to notice that Kusuo's mouth didn't move when he spoke. Your mom however, seemed to brush it off while your brother frowned in confusion. Kusuo found that strange because his mind control usually made people see his mouth move when he said something to them. Maybe it was because you were a psychic and they were immune to those tricks.

'That's weird. (f/n) has that same ability to speak without moving her mouth. But that's only when she speaks to people telepathically, not directly.' (b/n) thought, trying to analyze what he just witnessed and becoming more and more suspicious by the second.

"Oh we're still learning. Since we knew we'd be moving to Japan, my husband, (b/n) and I took some online Japanese language courses beforehand. We're still taking online classes to become more familiar with the language. (f/n) was already set though. She took Japanese language courses throughout all her years of school and was part of an extracurricular Japanese culture club in middle school." Your mom explained to Kusuo.