Chapter Two

Once Clarke had cleaned herself and her clothes, she quickly made her way back towards camp, hoping for her sake, no one had noticed she had gone. Unfortunately for her, she didn't even make it a couple of yards before she was noticed. Her friend Thalia was walking down the path, her pants (which were now shorts) held tightly in the grasp of her right hand and her shirt tied around her waist, leaving only her underwear on show. Clarke could see as she got closer that her face was beaming; all smiles and light until she reached a matter of a few meters away from Clarke when then her face changed to a look of worry and concern. The space between them was quickly closed by Thalia's sprint.

"You look awful! Are you okay?" Thalia asked as she placed both her hands on Clarke's shoulders, while her eyes looked deep into Clarke's.

Clarke's heart raced that little bit out of concern that she had caused her friend to worry and the fact that she looked awful, others would probably be able to tell something was wrong. Clarke had to show, at all times strength in her leadership. She couldn't lie to her best friend though, however hard she tried, Thalia was just so good at seeing through Clarke; it was best to tell the truth and that's what Clarke decided to do. A gentle sigh and the words came spilling out.

"I've been sick. I've been feeling unwell all week; I didn't want to worry you though, it's probably nothing." Clarke gave an obviously fake, light hearted laugh at the end of her words but judging by Thalia's reaction, she wasn't fooling her.

Thalia was a bit hesitant to give Clarke a hug but after a few shaky attempts, she warmly wrapped her arms around Clarke, pulling her body close to hers. "Oh you poor thing." Thalia pulled back. "You need to go see Rex; he'll sort you out. I'll come with you of course." she gave a gentle smile before breaking their hug, obviously dawning on her again that Clarke might be contagious. "Who knows, he might just find out you're faking it and send you away with a slapped wrist." Thalia giggled slightly, a dreamy smile appearing on her face. She fancied Rex so much and he fancied Thalia back; it was all so obvious to everyone but them.

Clarke quickly shook her head, not wanting to put upon anyone unnecessarily. "No, we don't need to go. Just a little rest and I'll be as good as new! I haven't been sleeping all that good recently. That's all it is...and heat exhaustion." She placed a smile on her now paper white face.

"All the more reason to go. No one wants you fainting on the job." Thalia retorted before grasping hold of Clarke's arm and started to walk back to camp. Clarke was too exhausted to fight back and she knew deep down that Thalia was right for her to go. Whatever Thalia was out in the forest to do, she had quickly decided against it. Clarke was much more important to her than taking a walk.

Once they reached camp, Thalia, still dragging Clarke, darted around the boarder of camp so no one would see them heading to see Rex. If there was one thing that Clarke and Thalia shared, that was they thought exactly alike...pretty much all the time. They made it there with considerable ease.

It was hard to explain to someone about Rex without giving his whole life story in one foul swoop. Rex's mother died when he was young and his father made most of the drugs on the Ark. His job was to make medicine, to be more specific but he had a side line of making recreational drugs for the population; he was pretty busy. Rex would help him deliver the drug parcels; both the legal and illegal to people's homes; it was a job that really, Rex shouldn't have been doing. No one was meant to have any deliveries to their homes, they were meant to get everything from the mesh hall, however everyone who weren't the 'Councillors' of the ship turned a blind eye. They all needed something from Rex's father. It wasn't until a major slip up involving Chancellor Jaha and a misinformed Rex with a delivery, that Rex was sent to Confinement, then of course to Earth and Rex's father was floated for his actions. Rex had a poor life but he had the knowledge his father gave him before his death of making medicine from almost anything. Rex's Grandfather had been a medic. He was the designated medical practitioner/doctor/medic/drug lord for Earth even though he couldn't actually diagnose anyone, not probably anyway. He rarely ever 'doctored' unless Clarke, who was officially the doctor/medic couldn't do it, like in this case. He only knew a little on medicine and that was it. Any port in the storm though.