Chapter Four

Clarke

Clarke and Thalia left the tent with Clarke just about finished crying and Thalia trying to comfort her, following the same path out as they had getting there. They circled around the camp until it was safe to enter again, away from prying eyes. Clarke just wanted to go to sleep and forget this whole mess. Things were so complicated and no one truly knew how much, except herself.

She was so glad to fall onto her bed, curling herself up into a tight ball, Thalia sitting next to her on the ground, stroking her hair as she rested. Tears flowed again from her eyes but Thalia just 'hushed' them to go. "Promise you won't tell anyone about this?" Clarke whispered, not opening her eyes to see Thalia's expression, she could tell by her voice that she meant what she said.

"I promise." she whispered back before giving Clarke a one sided hug that Clarke appreciated. Clarke knew that Thalia, silently would be thinking about Clarke having to tell Finn about the situation eventually; she wouldn't be able to hide a baby bump forever and the baby would be in the world eventually. It was this thought that kept swimming in her head but she was glad that Thalia didn't say a word to her. She was a true friend. "Now go to sleep, you must be tired." Thalia calmly stroked Clarke's hair again, waiting for her eyelids to become heavy. About ten minutes past of Thalia just sitting there, stroking Clarke's hair when the gentle sound of heavy breathing confirmed that Clarke was finally asleep. Thalia slowly moved away before leaving Clarke and walked out of the tent to go to the drop ship, hoping for her sake that she have a good sleep.

Thalia

While Clarke was sleeping, Thalia made her way over to where Monty was working, trying to find out how re-building the radio was going. She knew Raven wouldn't be there just yet and with everything with Clarke, she didn't want to see her, she would find it difficult to see her too but for a whole other reason of course.

Thalia walked her way up the drop ship walkway where the sound of banging was loud and clear in the air. The place was gloomy inside, she didn't know how anyone could see what they were doing but, by the noises she could hear, Monty could see. She followed the noise to find him, taking in the damage from the crash from the inside. She climbed the ladder to his hideout.

"Hello. Mind if I join you?" she asked cheerfully, her bubbly self never too far from the surface.

Monty was 'in the zone', so all Thalia got was a slight nod and a sound similar to 'yeah'. He was banging, clanging and just being his usual clever self. Thalia sat herself down and watched him, not majorly but just how he held his makeshift tools and using his hands to fix something so broken; she would be surprised if anyone could fix the radio, all except him and Raven, they were the best mechanics in the Ark. Once he had a spare minute, she would ask him how it was going but for now, left him to it; there was sure to be some job she should be doing in the camp. She would head on over and see Rex, see how she could help him.

Clarke

Clarke woke with a start. It took her a minute to realize she had been dreaming, sweat was gleaming on her skin. It was an awful dream, really vivid and frightening. An anxiety dream was what you might call it. She had dreamed that everyone in camp had found out about her and the baby, though in the dream, everyone seemed fine by it; all until nightfall came. That was when they snuck in to see her asleep in bed and tried to rip the baby out of her, killing her in the process. She had woken up when they were just about to stab into her. It one of those dreams that lasts the whole day. "Snap out of it." she muttered to herself as she swung her legs to the side of her bed before getting up and headed outside.

Voices, clattering and just general hubbub floated around the camp; people were walking around, busy in their own worlds just as Clarke was. She felt almost lonely within herself but she had to stop with this moaning if she wanted to keep being a good leader. All these feelings she had swirling around in her head, they had to go, she had to stay strong for the sake of the camp. She had to stay strong. She took a deep breath before making her way out into the flow of feet coming and going around her. Clarke needed to find out how the radio was coming along but having the fear of seeing Raven made her doubt whether to go. It was only as she thought that, that she spotted Raven walking past the campfire having made her way most likely from the bathroom, on her way towards Finn's tent. She exhaled a sigh of relief before making her way to the drop ship, wanting so badly for the radio to be fixed but knowing full well it hadn't.