Chapter Five

Clarke

When Clarke finally woke up, her cheek was aching and her stomach complained loudly, shaking the bottom of her rib cage. She must have missed lunch. What time was it? Clarke didn't know and she felt a little disoriented for a few seconds. Had everything that had happened to her been a dream? Had everything today? She had a big, silent yawn before getting herself off the bed. Right, first things first, she needed to take the stuff to Monty. Clarke stretched before bending down to pick them up but when her hand touched where they should have been, her fingers felt nothing but the dirty, cold ground below. Where had they gone? The realization cleared her mind with a start, thoughts flying around her head. "No, no, they can't be gone." she muttered to herself, panic setting in. Clarke spun around, scanning the floor, any items dotted around, anything, hoping to see that yellow car and controller but with no luck. She didn't know what to do other than head outside and search the camp, anything would be better than panicking; exactly what she was doing that particular moment.

She stormed her way out, frantically darting around the nearby area, looking for a single clue. Searching around the camp fire, at the entrances to other's tents, she found nothing. Clarke hadn't searched far and time had barely gone by but she felt like she had lost them forever. Luck like that was hard to come by for Clarke, so she was not surprised that the chance to talk to everyone back home was impossible to do but she had to keep on going, she had to find them. She turned herself around to face the direction of her tent again, thinking maybe she scanned over it with her eyes and it simply didn't register in her mind in pure panic. She marched herself towards her tent. Once she reached her tent, she was taken by surprise as she parted the door because inside, standing, waiting for her was Bellamy, his back turned to her. What was he doing here? She took a deep breath before walking inside. At hearing Clarke's footsteps, he quickly turned around, his eyes widening, probably from the bruise on her face before an embarrassed smile appeared on his lips.

"Uh, I just wanted to tell you that I gave Monty the...car and controller..." He looked a little confused with why Monty wanted them, rubbing the back of his head briefly. "...he thought you'd be back before now and he was desperate to fix the radio. He ordered me to get them." he chuckled lightly before clearing his throat.

Clarke took a huge sigh of relief to know that Monty had what he wanted before giving him a smile of her own. She made her way towards him slowly, making sure to keep the mood light and away from any subjects to cause tension between them. "Oh, what a relief! He needs them for fixing the radio. I've been searching, trying to find them. I'm so glad Monty's got them, thank you for doing that for him." she smiled again before walking behind Bellamy and started to tidy up the room, cleaning the few things that had spread across the floor.

"No problem, urmm..." Bellamy changed the subject completely, seeming a little dubious to speak, his feet moving closer to the door. "...I just wanted to tell you that Murphy's been taken care of; he's under 24 hour supervision for the time being; he won't bother you again. Trust me." His words had the sound of a man in authority, a man who knew he was boss.

The sound of Murphy's name didn't stir anything other than extreme gratefulness that Bellamy had stopped him. She couldn't even think what would have happened if he hadn't been there. "Thank you." She replied, finally turning around to face him, their gazes fixed to the other for a split second before he was gone. Her heart was racing that little bit, her cheeks slightly flushed. She had feelings for Bellamy, no denying that but it was far too complicated now to act on them, than to simply store them up within. Besides, she was pregnant with another man's baby, a man she used to have strong feelings for. Her life was like one of those old soap operas the human population used to watch before Earth had gone through a nuclear apocalypse.