Chapter Nine

Breakfast came and went in a repetitive blur; gazes drifted every so often over towards Clarke and Bellamy, who had gradually decided to try and eat together at every meal. It started off as a sign of shared leadership but now it was for an entirely different reason. She was so glad however, to not see Thalia, Finn, Raven or even Rex at breakfast, she didn't want any more aggro, especially if it was causing her cramps. However, she had kind of seen Raven for the briefest of moments, as Clarke walked out of her tent with Bellamy, Raven was on the opposite side of the camp fire, making her way into her own tent. The meal was a bowlful of thin herb soup, a measured potion of venison and a cupful of slightly salty water, it was so utterly needed, that it barely hit the sides. Once done, Bellamy collected his and Clarke's bowls, placing them in the designated pile by the fire before Clarke begrudgingly stuck to her promise of going to the medic tent with Bellamy by her side.

When they walked in, she was incredibly thankful that neither Thalia or Rex were there and instead, in their place was Octavia. Her back was to them both, as she folded a fur blanket and placed it at the end of a bed, ready for whenever it was needed. It didn't dawn on Octavia at first, that there were others in the tent with her, not until Clarke let a gentle cough out and Bellamy started to speak, making his way towards his baby sister. "Room for a few more?" Bellamy joked, causing Octavia to jump from fright. She spun around to face them, her hand pressed tightly to her chest.

"Bellamy, you scared me!" Octavia exclaimed but she let a smile go as she calmed down; a smile virtually identical to her brother. "Yeah, sure. Sit wherever. There's no shortage of spaces at the moment." She shrugged coolly before patting the bed she had just stopped dressing.

Bellamy smiled again at his sister as he made his way with Clarke, over to the bed, though Clarke was the only one who ended up sitting there; Bellamy sat on another bed, opposite her. Clarke turned to face Octavia who had equally turned to face them both, her arms were crossed as she looked between them. "There's actually a reason why we're here, or me to be honest." Clarke started to explain but paused, unsure of what Octavia knew, if she knew a thing about the situation. The pause was caused by all those thoughts flying around Clarke's head. In the end, she decided just to go with saying it outright.

"Something medical?" Octavia asked, feeling a little nervous of what Clarke was going to ask her. She didn't have much knowledge on things medical yet but she knew just enough to get through each day working here.

Clarke nodded before continuing. "Yes, urmm, I had a pain in my...stomach earlier and I was wondering if I needed to worry about it. Well Bellamy was if we're being honest but that's another issue..." Clarke honestly commented before turning to give Bellamy an unimpressed smile which he reflected back.

Octavia shifted her gaze between Clarke and Bellamy as they exchanged looks with a knowing smile appearing on her face. She could tell something was going on between them, it was obvious but that still didn't stop her from getting the wrong ideas. "You're here to ask for a bit of 'medicine' aren't you? I knew something was going on between you two!" Octavia beamed, ignoring Clarke's cramps for the time being. She seemed genuinely happy of thinking her brother and Clarke were together.

Clarke couldn't help but chuckle, shaking her head in the process. "No, it's a bit too late for that. I'm actually pre..."

"Pregnant. Oh, I'm going to be an Auntie!" Octavia beat Clarke at telling her news, though Octavia's guess seemed to be half right. She beamed from ear to ear before running over towards Clarke and hugged her in as awkward a hug you could imagine; Clarke didn't know what was happening.

"Uh, no, no, no, well yes I am but it's not, it's not..." Clarke was about to tell Octavia but unfortunately someone had been eavesdropping and had now decided to barge on in uninvited, at a crucial moment, causing Clarke to stop.