Chapter Eight

To be honest, Clarke had wanted to punch Finn herself since everything went down but the camp couldn't have one of their leaders doing things like punching people; even if the person deserved it. "You punched Finn? Bellamy!" she exclaimed as she placed her arms across her chest looking very annoyed. Her unamused exterior didn't last long as a small smile fluttered upon her lips. She tried her best to hide it though.

"What?" Bellamy asked with a playful innocence to his voice. "It's not like the thought didn't cross your mind on the drop ship. He cheated on Raven and then knocked you up. That doesn't exactly say 'good guy' or 'good father material'. Anyway, he's not going to be there for you and the baby, Clarke and you know that." His voice changed a little as he finished that sentence, to a more somber tone but his usual cheeky smile was never too far from the surface. "He deserved it by lying to you anyway."

It was difficult for Clarke to admit but Bellamy was right, Finn wouldn't be there for her and the baby; it would just be best if she got her mind around that. It would be best to simply let that ship sail; as clean a slate as she could get. That same small smile appeared again on her lips as she tilted her head to the side, playfully acting all sweet and coy as she looked over at Bellamy. His comment didn't go unnoticed. She took a deep breath before talking. "Is that another way of saying you think you'd be?" Clarke asked with a knowing smile, wondering what Bellamy would be like as a father.

Bellamy let free his cheeky smile but did not say a word. He was playing all secretive and mysterious on the subject.

Clarke decided to add some more about Finn's comeuppance. "Well, I wish I was the one to have done that." she joked as she moved her head back to normal and unfolded her arms before placing them to her sides. Bellamy simply laughed.

"Why don't you get some sleep? I can help you with all this in the morning." Bellamy told her, as the sky turned to twilight. "It's been a long day."

Clarke honestly liked the sound of that. She felt worn out; she needed a good night's sleep. Anyway, the graves were pretty much done, so they didn't need to come back tomorrow. She shrugged softly before speaking. "Sure. Okay, I'm going." she replied as she made her way up the path back to the main part of camp. She gently nudged Bellamy's arm as she walked past him, a bright smile on her lips. Bellamy smirked at seeing Clarke's playful side for once before wrapping his arm around her shoulders, pulling her close to him for their duration back. Clarke didn't seem to mind; she felt relieved Bellamy and herself were back to being friends, even if that was all it was.

They talked along the way about what tomorrow would bring. Bellamy had briefly talked to Abby on the radio about the delivery of supplies, just after Clarke stormed out the ship but before his 'talk' with Finn. They broke apart when they got close to the busy part of camp but they still walked close together as they made their way to Clarke's tent. "Well, thanks for walking me back. I guess this is what used to happen a lot on Earth; people walking their friends to their doors."

Bellamy frowned slightly at Clarke's comment but Clarke didn't know why. Maybe it sounded strange? Like she was struggling for something to say? Anyway, he seemed to brush it away and smile. "I guess so. Well, goodnight and I expect you up bright and early tomorrow. We've got a busy day." he chuckled lightly as they stood there in the heart of the camp.

Clarke nodded lightly at Bellamy's words, moving herself further into her tent. "I know, don't remind me." she sighed but it was a lighthearted sound. The Ark sending all the camp's essentials, was hopefully going to arrive sometime in the next few days and Bellamy and Clarke had to prepare the camp for storing all it's contents. They'd also have to walk to get it, wherever it'll land. Clarke let a tired smile appear on her lips as she raised her hand up in a single wave. "Good night Bellamy."