Chapter Seven

Supplies were quickly dwindling and there was nothing anyone could do to stop it. People needed to live on more than a few nuts and berries. The radio still hadn't been fixed either, so help from the Ark was a no go. Clarke decided it was time for an expedition, out into the open. She had heard conversations involving her mother, just before being sent to Earth that there were various supply depots dotted around Earth. Now having come across some supply records stored within the drop ship a few days ago (one of the few helpful things, so far that the Council has done to help 'The 100' on Earth), she was ready to go exploring. For her plan to work, she needed at least another pair of hands to help and who better than the only other person who had an interest with how camp ran; Bellamy.

She walked onto the drop ship, where she knew Bellamy would be, her feet loud against the metal floor; everyone around knew she had arrived from the moment she stepped foot inside. "Bellamy, there you are. I need to talk to you." Clarke demanded as she made her way towards him.

He was walking towards the exit but he sped up when he saw Clarke heading towards him. "I can't help you Princess." he quickly replied, walking on past her, not wanting to help.

"You don't know what I'm going to ask you." Clarke argued, as she blocked him from leaving.

Bellamy had to stop sharply so he didn't walk into Clarke. He took a deep breath in before dubiously asking. "What do you want to ask me?" He crossed his arms across his chest, muscles tout under his skin, as his gaze fixed on Clarke.

So not to let anyone hear what they were saying, she took hold of his arm, turning him so now his back was to the exit and lent in towards his ear to speak. "There's a supply depot out there and we need to get to it. I'm asking you to come with me. As backup." She moved back to look at him, waiting for his reply.

"What kind of supplies?" Bellamy asked, seemingly thinking about going along with Clarke.

Clarke let a small smile appear on his lips."The kind of supplies that'll help us live through winter. Food, weapons, you name it, it's meant to be there."

A few seconds past before a subtle smirk appeared on his lips, he was going with her. "I'll get my stuff. Meet me in ten."

Clarke nodded, still with a small smile on her lips before walking out of the drop ship and out into camp. Only thing to do now, was to get some essentials together and wait for Bellamy to join her. She walked off towards the various storage tents and got what was needed for their trip.

It was more like fifteen minutes when Bellamy finally made an appearance, hauling a medium sized rucksack across his shoulders filled with any essentials he thought was needed. It was too much for their trip in other words and Clarke very definitely noticed as her eyes dropped to it with a frown. "You realize this is a day trip?" Clarke asked, her eyes moving up to look at Bellamy's.

"A lot can happen in a day." Bellamy replied simply as he made his way out of camp, wielding an axe. Clarke soon followed before quickening her pace to walk in front of Bellamy, leading him to the supplies, not the other way around. A small smile fluttered upon his lips at her subtle show of leadership.

The minutes went by in comfortable silence, both their minds set on finding the depot. It was Clarke, however who suddenly broke the silence as they walked down a steep hill, quite a distance away from camp. "What do you think will happen when the Ark finally comes down to Earth?" Clarke took a couple of steps down the hill before turning to look at Bellamy who was walking behind her.

"What do you mean? Are we going to have a huge celebration, get out a cake, that sort of thing?" Bellamy asked, a mixture of interest in what Clarke was meaning and not so subtle attempt at humor to lighten the mood.