Chapter Six

What Clarke first noticed when she walked in, was that the feeling in the room of excitement and energy had gone. Completely. It was now replaced by a heavy, black presence, pressing down on her. On them all. The second thing she noticed was that the arguing was between Raven and Finn, each of them screaming at each other, words she couldn't distinguish, the beginning of a physical fight on the horizon.

"Hey! What's going on?" Clarke demanded as she walked confidently towards them, planning on breaking the argument up. Her arms were outstretched forwards, ready to separate them, however, at hearing Clarke's voice, both sets of eyes fixed on Clarke, their bodies moving apart. It was only Raven though that reacted physically towards Clarke, shouting at her and then slapping Clarke right across her face before Clarke could do a thing.

"You slut! How could you?" Raven screamed as she attempted to slap Clarke across the face again but this time, Clarke moved and Raven's hand simply flew through the empty space.

"I don't know what you're talking about Raven!" Clarke countered, not dawning on her why Raven was acting this way towards her, until her words had left her mouth. She looked around the room to see what other's faces were like, wondering what they must be thinking. When her gaze met Finn's, she could see that he seemed but a presence in the room, his expression a mix of shock and what looked like disgust but Clarke doubted the last was true. The penny had dropped but what penny was another story.

"Whoa now ladies!" Bellamy exclaimed, moving quickly to stop the fight from becoming a physical one again.

"Don't lie! You do!" Raven was livid. She rammed into Clarke hard, knocking her backwards into a moving Bellamy with a painful 'thud'. The collision didn't seem to have hurt Bellamy but it certainly hurt Clarke though she didn't dare show it, she could cope with the pain.

"I'm sorry okay!" Clarke shouted, trying to get through to Raven as Bellamy's hands pushed her upright from their collision.

"You're sorry? That's a laugh!" Raven let a laugh out that was the furthest from sounding happy before lunging at Clarke again but instead, rammed into Bellamy who was standing between them. He took hold of Raven, quickly disabling her by pinning her arms behind herself before whispering loudly into her ear.

"You'd better stop now, don't want you to hurt yourself." Bellamy's words had a hint of sarcasm which Raven definitely caught as she let herself go limp in his arms. "That's better." Bellamy added, once he thought she wouldn't attack again but he kept things safe by standing between Raven and Clarke just in case.

"Yes, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you found out like this but I'm not to blame here, I didn't know you existed until you arrived like you did." Clarke explained, keeping her gaze on Raven. She could see that Raven wasn't really letting any words sink in and was just determined to paint Clarke as a baddie, a fact that Clarke wasn't going to take. "Don't paint me to be the bad guy Raven."

Raven walked a few steps closer before stopping, her eyes were burning holes into Clarke's, another laugh escaping her lips. "I'm not painting you as a bad guy here, you've done that job for me. All. On. Your. Own. Sleeping with someone's boyfriend kinda does that to you." She crossed her arms, feeling like she was having the upper hand in the argument but Clarke wasn't going to back down.

Clarke took a big sigh to try and calm herself but it wasn't working as well as was needed. She let the arguing settle before calmly speaking, the underlying emotions Clarke was feeling were bubbling close to the surface "Like I said before, I didn't know you existed and Finn never told me he had a girlfriend." This argument was stressing Clarke out so much, she was starting to feel sick; a feeling she never had for moments like this until now.