Chapter Eleven

When the group arrived at the ship, they all were relieved that they hadn't been any attacks on their way there. Nobody seemed as surprised by this than Clarke. Had the Grounders given up? No, she didn't think so. The Grounders seemed to simply be bidding their time, finding the perfect moment to attack. For the time being however, it was best to just get on with the job at hand and bring weapons for sheer protection. That was what the group were doing at the very least; all bringing a dagger and Bellamy, Clarke, Miller and Harper bringing guns as well. It was all necessary to try and keep safe.

It wasn't the easiest of ship doors to open, as the cold of space and then the heat of the landing had warped the metal ever so slightly but after a few attacks from Bellamy, Miller and Monroe, the door finally flew open with a thud. The group eagerly made their way inside before Bellamy started to give the orders. "Right, Miller, Jones and Helix, you take the section to the left; Harper, Monroe and Framka, you take the right; Clarke and myself will take the back."

"Any questions?" Clarke added, her gaze moving over the whole group, waiting to see if anyone had any complaints. No one piped up, so work soon began. Conversations were muted for the rest of the time they were in the ship, the only need for talking was about the job at hand. There didn't seem to be much contents coming out from the ship, as it hadn't been filled with as much as expected but what was there was something, at least for camp. It took them a couple of hours to remove the contents of the ship, place it carefully down outside, then repeating the process however many times until the job had been done.

Clarke and Bellamy checked over everything from the ship, making sure none of it had been damaged from the landing before placing them in general piles, give them an idea of what had been sent to them. Nothing, thankfully had been damaged, so Clarke ordered everyone to pack as much as possible in each of their rucksacks, they would sort out where all of it would go when they got back to camp. Anything left was to be carried the old fashioned way; by hand. There was a sparse amount of edible items; a small pile of clothes, most of which seemed a little ratty; the anatomical monitor and a handful of small parcels which were to be unwrapped later. Clarke swiped the monitor and placed it in her rucksack before anyone else could do so.

Once everyone was all sorted, booted and packed, the group soon walked on but not before Harper handed over a medium sized rectangular parcel to Clarke, which had her name on it. "This is for you." Harper commented, her words sounding gentle and quiet; a slight contrast to her usual self. Clarke took the parcel from her with a confused look upon her face. She didn't remember seeing her name on any of the parcels when she checked them all but maybe she simply just overlooked it. Clarke knew immediately who it was from. It was from her mother, she recognized the handwriting as she wondered what was inside. All eyes seemed to be on Clarke but she couldn't open it now, however much she wanted to know what was inside. She wouldn't do so until the group were all safety back in camp. The group came first in her priorities.

"Thanks." Clarke replied simply before placing the parcel in her rucksack, filling the last available space in there. "Right, let's go." A few people in the group kept their gaze on Clarke but she just ignored it, instead she started to walk, guiding them all back to camp. People's minds over took their conversations after a while, with everyone's on the subject of what was in those parcels. Clarke didn't contribute, instead she simply lead the group on their way back home.

Halfway through the walk, Bellamy pushed himself playfully to lead, smirking over at Clarke in the process. Having been deep in thought for the last few minutes, it didn't dawn on Clarke right away that Bellamy was ahead of her. It wasn't until she nearly walked into him, her strides having quickly sped up, that she finally broke out of her bubble. Clarke couldn't help but smile over at him, glad he was there with them all. Glad he was there with her. "Daydreaming about me Clarke?" Bellamy teased, flirting so effortlessly with her.