Chapter Three

"What, pregnant? No, I can't be!" Clarke quickly jumped off the bed, that vile sickness starting again but for a whole other reason. She paced back and forth in a line, her head hanging low. She felt like she wanted to cry. "No, you're wrong, you're wrong. You must be mistaken." She flicked her head up to look at Rex.

Rex just stood there, his gaze flitting between Clarke and Thalia, unsure of what to say. Finally he spoke with a shake of his head. "I'm not. I don't know exactly how far along you are but what little I know; you being sick and everything, I'd say you're about 12 weeks pregnant."

Clarke couldn't stand up any longer, she simply crumpled to the floor. Thalia quickly sat down by her and wrapped her arms around her friend. "Shush, don't worry, I'm here for you." she whispered, stroking Clarke's hair softly.

"I...he...we...we...oh no..." Clarke cried, ignoring Thalia's comfort.

"You don't have to keep the baby if you didn't want to, I'm sure Rex knows a natural way to, you know..." Thalia didn't carry on explaining, she just held her friend in her arms. Rex, out of eye shot of Clarke, shook his head at Thalia, indicating silently he didn't know a why to help Clarke. Thalia quietly sighed, realizing the problem Clarke was in. She pulled back a little from her friend before placing a gentle hand on Clarke's cheek, looking caringly at her as a question formed behind her lips, ready to spill out.

Who's the father?

Thalia carefully worked her way to asking, not wanting to make Clarke feel even worse but wanting to know so she could hate the right person for doing this to her friend. She took a deep breath, stroking Clarke's face before speaking. "Who's the father?" she asked softly, just before Rex decided to leave the room. He knew they needed their privacy.

Clarke's mind filled with his face from Thalia's question and a bout of tears, freshly rolled down her cheeks. No, Clarke couldn't tell her friend who he was. She couldn't. She took a deep breath, then another and another, as she tried to build up the nerve to tell Talia the truth. She took one last breath in before finally getting the nerve to say. "You're going to hate me for it." she cried, her body starting to shake.

"I won't hate you." Thalia promised, a kind smile on her face.

"You will and I don't blame you." she whispered before the name finally fell from her lips.

It had been a few weeks since camp had arrived on Earth, so order in the group was very little. A few people in camp however, had put it upon themselves to have certain jobs; to help out. Clarke was the chief medic and had volunteered to go on a foraging expedition with Finn, Helix and a couple of others she hadn't learned their names yet, Clarke being the only female in a group of males.

They were to look for more of this particular seaweed; an antiseptic seaweed, something that would help with the well-being of the camp in case of any future infections. Not after Jasper.

A second group had gone a couple of hours before, though they were 'foraging' for meat; Bellamy and two of his lackeys; Jones and Connor. They were just coming back with a decent sized deer, when Clarke and her group left for the river.

On the way there, Clarke thought about the last time she had come out here foraging. Poisonous fog seemed to have simply appeared out of nowhere and had nearly suffocated everyone in it's silky grasp. Fortunately people had run for cover, though splitting up in the process. Clarke and Finn had run the same way and hid together, into an abandoned shelter, dug deep in the ground. It was a long wait before the air was safe and things just happened while they were waiting. That was the day it happened, that was the day she lost her virginity. To Finn. She regretted it in the end, when she found out he had a girlfriend; Raven. He didn't love Clarke, he loved Raven.