Chapter 1

I OWN NOTHING OF ONCE UPON A TIME OR THE VAMPIRE DIARIES!!!! If I did then it would be a lot different!!!

Storybrooke, Maine

     Regina Mills looked around the house that she has spent the last 28 years in. She was going to miss it here. She just could not take the looks or that she was practically kicked out of office after Emma and Snow were brought back from the Enchanted Forest. Even after she had saved there life Henry decided that he wanted to live with Emma. Knowing that if she said he could not then he would hate her more. She felt her world fall apart knowing that her little boy did not want her. That he thought of her as the evil queen. She will always be the evil queen nothing more, nothing less. She had written a note to Henry and set it on the table. She took one more look at the house and then turned around and walked to her car. She packed the bag and put it in her car. She has two more stop to go before she left the town. She started her car and drove through town. She stopped in front of Granny's. She parked her car in the parking lot and turned off the engine. She took her keys out and got out of her car. She walked into the small diner. When she walked in all eyes turned at her. She saw a lot of glares. In the back corner, she saw Henry and the charmings. They just went back to eating. She walked to the counter where Red was standing. She looked up and gave me a small smile.

   "Hey red. Could I just have a hot chocolate with whip topping." I asked her getting my purse and taking out a 20. 

  "Sure. Can I get you anything else?" Red said making my hot chocolate.

  "No thank you," I said. 

    She made my hot chocolate and told me my total. I gave her the 20 and told her to keep the change. I take one more look at the Diner before I walked out and got in my car. I drove a block over where I stopped at Golds Pon shop. I get out and walk in the store.

  "What can I do for you dearie?" Mr Gold said standing at the counter.

 "I need you to promise that you won't say anything to anyone. I don't want to make a big deal out of this. I just need you to charm this." I said handing over the necklace with my engagement ring that Daniel gave me. "I want to leave Storybrooke."

  "Why would you want to leave?" He asked taking the necklace and charming it.

 "Henry hates me. I just want a fresh start. Where I am not the villain." I said as he handing me the necklace back. I refastened it on my neck. 

  "You will be missed." Gold said giving me a small smile.

 "What would you like in return?" I ask him.

 "This one is on the house. I hope you find happiness. Don't forget about us."  He said smiling.

 "I won't," I said walking to the door. "Oh, I forgot to tell you. I found where Baefire is. I emailed him. He is going to come to Storybrooke to see you."

 "Thank you, dearie." I hear him saying before I shut the door and walk back to my car.

   I get back in my car and drive to the end of the town. I speed up when I am about to cross the line. I did not want my nerves to stop me. I needed to live a new life. I cross the line and I feel the magic in every cell of my body. At least I will not be defenceless in this new town. I was contacted a few days earlier by a sheriff Forbes of Mystic Falls.  There Mayor was just killed and they were looking for someone to take over the responsibilities. It was about a 14-hour drive from Maine to Virginia. I only stopped one time. I had to get something to eat. I was going to stay at a motel until I found a house. I was set to view a house at 3 tomorrow. Then I would meet with the Sheriff at 5. We were going to meet at the Mystic Grill.  I look at the sign that says Welcome to Mystic Falls and I smile. I really do like small towns.

  I stop at the motel. I get a room for a week. I did not know how I would feel about this house and I could always get more time. I was going to also have to buy all new furniture and other essentials. Good thing that I have been saving money for the past 28 years. I decided that I am going to go to the Mystic Grill. One I am super hungry and I wanted to know where it is. I decided that I am going to walk there. I needed to stretch my legs. Sitting in a car for 14 hours is not fun. Once I find the place, I walk in. I look around. Nobody had turned to look at me. It was a nice feeling. Deciding to take the edge off of my day I decided to sit at the bar. There was nobody at the bar.

  "Hello, my name is Matt. How can I help you?" A young man, he can't be over 18, with Brown hair and blue eyes said smiling at me.

  "I will take a Bourbon," I said smiling at him. "Also can I get a burger and onion rings," I added after.

 "Of course."He said writing it down. He handed the paper to the cook and came back and handed me a Bourbon.

  "Thank you," I said taking a sip of my drink.

 "So are you just passing through or staying here?" He asked wiping down the counter.

 "I am going to be the new mayor. Sheriff Forbes called me and asked me. I was the mayor of Storybrooke." I said.

 "It was so tragic what happened. Just be careful. This is a strange town. Where is StoryBrooke? I have never heard of it." He asked.

 "Maine. It is not a very common town. What do you mean that this is a strange town?" I asked him, taking another sip. The taste of the bourbon was so nice.

  "Lots of animal attacks." He said handing my burger and onion rings.

"I will thank you," I said taking a bite of my burger. I heard the door open and I saw Matt look up at them. I could not read the look on his face. I turn around to find a man walking towards that bar. He has black hair and crystal blue eyes. He has a chiselled jaw. He looks like a Greek god. Definitely one of the best looking guys I have seen. He looks at me and then walks up to the empty bar stool on my left.

  "Do you mind if I sit here?" He said giving me a smirk. I nod my head and take an onion ring off my plate and eat it. "Matt, can I have a Bourbon please?"

  Matt nods his head and gets it for him. He takes a sip and looks at me. "I have never seen you here before? What's your name?"

 "Regina Mills. You?" I said giving him my very best smirk.

 "Damon Salvatore. So are you sticking around?"

 "I am going to be the new mayor," I said finishing off my plate. I hand Matt money for my order. I got up and walked to the door. Before walking out the door I said."It was nice to meet you guys."

  I walk to my room. I take a shower and after that, I crawl in bed and fall asleep. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

Okay, so my story won't follow the seasons. It is Fanfiction so I can do whatever I want. Sorry if there are mistakes. I don't have a beta so I am doing this all by myself. Also if anyone is interested in being my beta then just message me!! I hope everyone likes it!