Chapter 20

By the time they got back, the pub was all locked up... Ruby asked Chase if he wanted a drink.

"I'll get it. I got a bottle of champagne here; do you want some". He asks.

Ruby looks at Chase with sparkling eyes.

"Should we take it upstairs, I really want to get these shoes off and put something comfortable on".

"Sure thing, we could relax more then". Chase says.

They both walk upstairs, and Chase walks to his room and just wears a pair of shorts.

Ruby puts shorts on and a skimpy t shirt.

They both walk out into the lounge and sit and drink the champagne, and talk.

Ruby puts her feet over Chase's lap, so she's comfortable.

They must have fallen asleep.

Ruby woke up and was cuddling into Chase, they were both laid on the sofa, she moves, and Chase wakes up.

He looks at Ruby and smiles.

"That champagne must have been strong. But it sure is nice waking up to see a beautiful woman".

Ruby stands up and stretches and walked to the kitchen to get a cup of tea and to make Chase a coffee, Chase follows her to the kitchen.

Ruby says,

"That was some champagne, I don't even remember falling asleep".

Ruby hands Chase a coffee, and she drinks her tea.

"I'll take my coffee with me I need to take a shower". Chase says.

Chase walks to his room.

Ruby finishes her tea and washes the cup and glasses up, and then goes to her room.

Ruby got in the shower and thought Chase would be going home soon.

she had enjoyed his company and had a lot of fun too.

The next few days went quick, and it was time for Chase to go back home, he didn't want to leave but he had the barbecue party coming up in a couple of weeks.

Ruby was at the airport saying goodbye.

"I will come and see you in a few months, but you're welcome any time".

Ruby gave Chase a kiss, she didn't want him to go.

She wanted to be with him but, she didn't know how to tell him.

Chase waved to Ruby and got on the plane.

He shouts to Ruby.

"I still love you".

Ruby let a couple of tears escape, she turns and walks back to her car and watched Chase's plane take off.

A week had past, and Chase had been ringing Ruby every day since he'd been back in Texas.

Ruby wasn't feeling the same since Chase left, she was missing him.

She booked a flight to go and see him.

She wanted to surprise him at his barbecue.

She had got Mitch to look after the pub for a while.

Mitch had decided to stay home and help Ruby with the pub, because he missed it too, and he was getting a lot of attention from Alice.

Ruby had bought some new clothes to take with her and had packed her case ready to go.

Lance took Ruby to the airport, Ruby boarded the plane and was on her way back to Texas to the barbecue party.