Chapter 41

Ruby didn't hardly sleep, knowing she was going for chemo,

She got up and showered and dressed, Chase was up earlier so he could get things done on the ranch.

She went to see the twins and went down to the kitchen to have a cup of tea, she was scared but she didn't want to tell Chase.

She sat at the kitchen table and drank her tea, a while later, Chase walks into the kitchen and gets a coffee and kisses Ruby on the head, Ruby tried to smile but it just wasn't there.

She stayed quiet the whole way to the hospital, she just looked out of the limo window, she had tears rolling down her cheeks,

Chase held her hand and kissed knuckles.

They reached the hospital and walked to the room Ruby was having her chemo in,

the nurse hooked her up and started the machine, Ruby was beginning to feel sick.

She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Chase stayed the whole time.

The nurse walked in and turned the machine off and took all the bits off Ruby and she was told to come back the next day.

She stood, and Chase offered her his arm.

Ruby linked arms with him, and they went back to the ranch.

Soon as they got back Ruby laid on the sofa watching the twins play, she was feeling tired, she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Chase was in the kitchen getting coffee and making Ruby a cup of tea.

Dane walks in and says,

"Ruby's asleep on the sofa, how's she feeling?".

"Tired, she hasn't spoke at all today, I made her a cup of tea".

Chase walks off to the lounge and says to Ruby,

"Ruby I made you a cup of tea.

Ruby sits up and says,

"Thanks Chase".

She drinks her tea.

The week went quick and it was the last day off her chemo, but she needs to have a scan first.

She was totally drained of energy, and she was being sick.

She was sitting in the waiting room with Chase waiting for the results of the scan.

Ruby turns and look at Chase and smiles, Chase kisses her cheek.

The nurse calls them in to the doctor's room, Chase helps her in to his office and they sit down.

The doctor looks at Ruby and says,

"Ruby you want be needing chemo today, but I would like to see you in six months, to make sure it hasn't grown".

Ruby went to the reception for her bill to pay.

She looked at it, she was getting her purse out, when Chase handed her his card, Ruby looked at him and says,

"Your lucky I got no energy to fight".

"I'm glad about that, because from now on you will carry your Mrs Keller card with you".

Ruby felt relieved and Chase kissed Ruby.

They left the hospital and went straight home.

Ruby went up and laid down and fell asleep for a couple of hours.