Chapter 47

It was New Year's Day, Ruby was up early and got her running gear on, she walked into the kitchen and Dane was sat having a coffee, she got a bottle of water, 

"Dane, is Chase alright?". 

 "Well it shocked the hell out of us, why didn't you tell us?". 

 "I thought if I didn't tell you it would be easier I was hoping to go back to England, when it was nearer the time so I could be with my family, but I thought about Chase and you and my babies". 

"Ruby we are here for you, and Chase couldn't handle you telling him that he's going to lose you". 

 "That's why I didn't want to tell him". 

 "I will check on him, what are you doing today?". 

 "Going for a run and sort Millie and Storm out and do what I normally do". 

 Ruby walks to the door and goes for a run.

Chase walks into the kitchen and gets a coffee, 

"Did last night happen? or did I dream it, but I didn't get much sleep". 

 "It was real, Chase. Ruby's just gone for a run and she's carrying on with her normal daily chores, she is brave I give her that". 

 Chase sits down at the kitchen table, 

"Twelve months, is not a long time, I wanted a lifetime". 

 "I know Chase, you got the wedding coming up in August, I take it you are still doing that". 

 "I would marry her everyday Dane, well I better go and do some work". 

Chase stands and puts his cup on the side and Dane follows him.

Chase was just about to mount Sly when Ruby comes running back to the yard, she stops and stretches.

 Chase looks at her she smiles at him and he smiles back, he mounts up and rides up to Ruby, 

"Enjoy your run?". 

 "Yes, I did, it's nice to clear your head".

 "Do you want to go for dinner tonight?".

 "Yes, it'll be my treat". 

 Chase looked at her and shakes his head, 

"I'll see you when I get back". 

 "Okay, I was going to take Millie in the exercise paddock". 

 "Okay, I'll see you when I get back". 

 Ruby watches Chase ride off. 

 She walks into the house and goes and as a shower, then spends time with the twins.

Ruby goes out to the barn and sorts the horses out, she looked at Millie and gave her a cuddle. She left Millie and sat outside the barn. 

 Her phone rings and it was her doctor, 

"Hi, doc". 

 "Ruby we need to start your treatment tomorrow, and we need to do the operation, we will do the OP the end of this month, and you'll have to keep up with chemo". 

 "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow, the sooner I have the OP the better, see you tomorrow". 

 The phone call ended, she looked at her phone, and was thinking about the first time she met Chase at the airport. 

He looked so sexy, she started to smile, and Chase rode up, 

"What are you smiling about?".

 "The first time I met you at the airport, I thought you were so fucking sexy".