Chapter 31

He notices that she hasn't moved from the spot, she was still in the same position from the night before, he put his cup on the table and knelt down in front of her.

His heart starts pounding.

He slowly moves towards her on his knees.

He leans in to kiss her on the lips, she feels cold.

He looked at her and moved her hair from her face, he looks at her chest to see if she was breathing.

He watched her chest move up and down, he collapses in to a sit position with his knees bent on the floor and let out a breath of relief.

He just sat there watching her and drinking his coffee.

Dane walks in with the twins and puts them on the floor with their toys.

Dane looks at Chase and says,

"You alright Ace?",

Chase looks up at Dane and says,

"I just scared myself, I looked at Ruby and for a few minutes and noticed she hadn't moved from that position, so I kissed her on the lips, and it was cold, it fucking scared me, so I watched her chest to see if she was breathing and thank god it moved, that was frightening".

Dane says,

"You look like you seen a ghost, you looked white".

Colt crawls over to Ruby and pulls himself up and stands holding the sofa.

Chase looks at him and was amazed by what he could do.

"Hi buddy, you trying to wake your mother?".

Colt lets go and sits back down on the floor and says,

"Mum, Mum, Mum, Mum, Mum,".

Chase stands and picks Colt up and he ears Ruby say something.

He turns and kneels on the floor with Colt in his arms.

Ruby holds Colts hand and he giggles, Ruby tries to say,

"Col...t".

Ruby was finding hard to talk so she went quiet and smiles.

Chase leans in to kiss her and she moves.

She tries to sit up, but she's got no energy, Chase passes Colt to Dane and helps her up.

She says,

"I ne..ed to g....g..g..go up st...st..stai...stairs".

Chase helped her up and scooped her up in his arms, she rested her head against his chest and could hear his heart beating, she wanted his cuddle, but he hurt her, and she was finding hard to forgive him.

Chase reaches her room, she smiles at him to say thank you.

Chase stands Ruby up and she slowly walks to the bathroom, every step she took it hurt, she stopped and fell to her knees crying,

Chase rushed to her and lifts her chin and says,

"Do you want me to carry to the bathroom".

Ruby looks at him with tears of pain running down her face, she clenches her hands into fists and starts pounding his chest and she screams at him,

"Why, Why?",

He holds her hands, and knew what she was talking about, he pulls her tight to him and cuddles her, and she's still screaming at him.

After a few minutes he cups her cheeks and wipes her tears,

Ruby looks at him and then tries to stand up, he helps her up and she goes to the bathroom.