Chapter 45

The next morning Ruby was able to go home, she contacted Dane and told him she was coming home, and he insisted he would pick her up. 

 Ruby walked to the front of the hospital to wait for Dane. 

 Dane pulled up and Ruby got in, she was Quiet all the way back to the ranch. 

They reach the ranch and she looks at Dane and kisses him on the lips, she gets out of the truck and went to see the twins. 

She went to the kitchen and made a cup of tea and sits at the breakfast bar, and as tears rolling down her face.

 Dane walks in to the kitchen and gets a coffee, he looks at Ruby and could see she was upset, he walks over to her and cuddles her. 

"Why me, he as totally broken me, that's it, all he does is take from me. How could I be so blind, that night when he forced himself", 

"What do you mean Ruby?", 

Ruby pushes Dane away,

 "Your brother, never mind, I'm not going to let him hurt me again".

 "Ruby what did Chase do to you?". 

 "Dane don't worry about it". 

 Ruby drinks her tea and puts the cup in the sink, she looks out the window and says 

"Your brother is back, he looks very happy with himself, I'll wipe that smirk off his fucking face". 

"Ruby, you are meant to be resting". 

 "Yeah right".

Chase walks in to the kitchen, he looks at Ruby and then at Dane.

 "Chase where the fuck have you been?". 

 "Why?". 

 Dane stands up and says, 

"Let me ask you again, why did leave the party early?". 

"I'm not going to tell you in front of Ruby". 

Dane raised his voice, 

"Why did you leave early?". 

 "Dane calm down". 

Ruby stands to leave, Dane looks at her 

"Ruby sit down, you need to hear what Chase as to say". 

 "No Dane, I guessed, but that doesn't matter now, let's just drop it". 

 "Chase you need to sort yourself out, Ruby needed you yesterday, she had an accident and lost the baby. Hope she was worth it". 

Ruby had tears rolling down her face, Dane cuddles her. 

 "What?" 

Dane looks at him and says, 

"Ruby fell of Storm and lost the baby, you should have been here, she was in so much pain, that is something I will never forget". 

 Ruby pushed Dane away and stood up, Chase went to cuddle her, and she thumped him with so much force his lip split and started bleeding".

 "Don't you ever touch me again, this is now off limits". she points to her body. 

Chase was shocked what Ruby did and grabs a towel. 

 Dane looks at him and thought that was a hell a full punch.

Jester walks in and looks at Chase and says,