feeling

did you like the special chapter?

***if you haven't seen my author's not that will be deleted later, please vote for be my boyfriend in the 1d awards. for more information on how to vote, go to my profile and read my bio. c:

the latest author's note about the awards....you stiLL VOTED. u rebels.

vote, comment, follow, share the love <3

i'm not satisfied with this but whatever.

• • •

[unedited]

18. Warm Chest

harry styles' point of view

I come home from somewhere and find my mother setting down five plates on the dining table. I sniff around the kitchen and supress the smell of roasted chicken. Grinning happily, I ask mom what the occasion is.

"Well, your boyfriend is coming over with his glittering purse," mom answers as she settles the pairs of forks and spoons. "I invited him over for dinner. Someone has to do it eventually, because you've been dating this lad for a few months now and you never mentioned him."

"I don't have a boyfriend," I lift a brow in obliviousness. "Where did you get that idea from?"

"Marisol," she responds. "I was at her house yesterday and somebody came over. Blue-haired twink. I heard he's Gid's ex though. Damn, Harry. It's fine to be gay but dating your friend's ex? That's evil."

Niall.

I smile when she mentions the colour of Niall's hair. So she's met Niall. That's quite bewildering. I don't know if I feel happy because they've met or anxious because my mother is an obnoxious old woman and Niall is just, well, himself.

Holding in my excitement that he's coming over, I give my mother a frown -- most specifically at her statement. She's right. I am a horrible person. Niall is Gideon's ex-boyfriend; Gideon is my best friend and I'm having mutual feelings with Niall. I feel awful and the fact that he's coming over for dinner with the family (plus, Darling and Misha) is just a bonus for my anxiety.

"Hey, mom."

"Yea?"

"Are you treating Darling well?"

"The pregnant kid? Yea, yea, yea."

"Mom, I'm serious," I mutter and she stops preparing the table and stares at me with a blank expression sketched on his wrinkly face.

"Of course, I am. I'm mean, not heartless. There's a difference," mom points out in annoyance. "And besides, I know how it feels like when you're young and pregnant. Don't worry, Harry. In fact, I took her to the clinic the other day. We're not BFFs, but we're getting there."

Mom instructs me to style my hair neatly and wear an outfit that actually brings to live. I find that quite difficult because my hair has grown well, almost reaching my shoulders, and my clothes aren't too refined. However, when I'm in my room, I brush my hair intendedly and wear my most sophisticated outfit, which isn't probably near elegant at all but I'm not one for shopping.

I have to admit that I'm beyond excited to see Niall again.

It's funny how mom thinks we're dating when we're not. And it's funnier how neither of us haven't denied it.

The feeling of liking somebody who likes you back is tremendously amazing, but the fact that there are obsticles that lead you into chaos and prejudice just brings you the downfall.