just love me like it's the last night

Chapter 8

Her hotel room was filled with the morning light.  

'Did I wake you up?' Millie asked as she held the phone in her hand, laying on the bed and looking up at the ceiling.

'No.' Finn said, clearing his throat.

'I did wake you up.' she said, giggling. 'I know your sleepy voice.'

'Okay, okay, busted.' he chuckled. 'Uhh... Can't sleep?'

'Yeah. Kind of.'

'Umm... Listen...' he started. 'I really wish I could be there with you, you know? So you could be...'

'Not that nervous.' she finished with a smile. 'I wish you could be here, too. And... I just... I really wanted to hear your voice.' she admitted shyly, biting her lip. 'I miss you.'

'I miss you, too, Mills.'

His presence has always been enough to make her feel better. She couldn't even explain it. It's always been like that. And she could use one of his best hugs now, that's for sure. 

'How's LA?'

'I don't know, I haven't even left the hotel room yet.' she chuckled. 'How's Atlanta?'

'As always. Seems empty without you, though.' he said, making her smile.

She could swear he was smiling, too.

'Two days.' she said with a sigh.

She's going to see him in two days. It was the only thing keeping her sane right now.

'Yeah...' he said. 'Two days.'

Suddenly, she heard a knocking on her door.

'Wait a second.' she said, getting up from the bed. She walked towards the door and opened it.

'Hi.' Kathy said, holding two cups of Starbucks coffee, looking as professional as ever in her black jumpsuit, her short blond hair slicked back.

'Hi.' Millie replied, raising her eyebrow.

Jesus, who looks that good that early in the morning?, she thought. Calling Finn was the first thing she did after she woke up. She didn't even brush her hair.

'Finn, I need to go.' she added, opening the door wider to let Kathy in.

'Okay. Good luck today.' he said, making her smile.

'Bye, Finnie.'

'Bye.' he said, ending the call.

'What are you doing here so early?' Millie asked, watching as Kathy put two Starbucks cups on the nightstand, sat down on the bed and took out her calendar with some papers from her bag.

'Early? You've got the audition today, we need to prepare.' she said. 'Okay, it's Ian Davis' new drama movie, called "My everything"...'

Millie sighed silently, taking her coffee. Kathy didn't like to waste time, she was always getting straight to the point. And Millie was kind of grateful for her because she needed someone like that in her life. But... Well, Kathy could be quite annoying sometimes.

'...telling the story about Sarah, who's twenty-one years old, she has a husband and a little son...' Kathy continued, shuffling through papers.

'I know.' Millie said with exasperation, stirring her iced coffee with a straw.

Sometimes she hated that Kathy was so professional and strict. It got even worse after her divorce.

'I know that you know.' she sighed. 'But I guess it won't hurt to look through the details?'