05

I don't want to see her.

The next day is a Sunday, a day that Kyryan doesn't have classes just like yesterday. I don't have much to do since I don't have any close friends to go out and hang around. So, I decided to stay in and study since I have trained yesterday and I need to rest for tomorrow's Hero Basics Training.

In the middle of my studies, two choices go off in my head out of the blue. It's a debate to whether or not should I come and visit Kyryan. As much as I want to, I'm not ready to see her after what happened yesterday. I don't want to have expectations and high hopes crushed into millions of pieces to find out that her foul and sour attitude hasn't changed at all, like how I have crushed hers the other day. Though, I want to see her so I can prove myself that I'm not a softie to find that she still hates me. I'm not that guy who weeps. Kyryan seems strong with her confident insults and cold glares, so why couldn't I, a student that wants to be a pro hero, be strong too?

I can just imagine her remark if she were to listen to my thoughts, ' That's because you're strong physically, not mentally like I am. Mentally strong people don't waste time feeling sorry for themselves. '

I debate for half an hour, forgetting about my study time. I reach for my bag and take out the polaroid that I slipped in between pages of my book.

Look at it when you're feeling unsettle. It makes me feel calm.

I stare at it for a long time but there is no presence of calm emotions appear within me. I shut my eyes, feeling irritated than before. What does she mean by calm? Is she playing me? What makes this picture look calm to her?

I gaze at the photo again as I try to find the calmness that is supposed to be present in the picture. It was like trying to figure out that emotion she has hidden under her mismatched eyes. I give up staring and put the picture down on the table as I stretch, arching my head back while yawning. Well, my eyes are tired and hurt from looking at these numbers, formulae and this damn picture of me. I might as well take a nap.

The next thing I wake up, it is 7:03 in the morning. I didn't even remember when I started the slumber when I only intended to nap. I get out of my bed and start getting ready for school. Then, I leave my house and headed for U.A. High, also a school of students that most of us possessed powers called quirks. I have my Half - Hot, Half - Cold but I wonder what quirk Kyryan has. Probably some kind of brain related that helps her think of insults in a short period of time. I scoff at my own lame joke when I arrive to school.

But one problem; a huge crowd of reporters and cameramen is at the entrance gate. How am I going to get past through without being noticed? I mean, I am the number two hero's son.

Too late.

" What do you think of All Might as your-- Hey! Wait a minute.  Aren't you Endeavour's son, Todoroki Shouto? "

I grit my teeth. " Out of my way. " I walk past them as I pick up my pace, harshly passing through the crowd. I breathe out a relieved sigh once I got over them as I quickly enter the building, going straight to my classroom. In there, I sit at my place. Being the good student that I kind of am, I review my notes while waiting for class to start.

" Todoroki-san." A girl's voice startles me. I look up from my book to see a black ponytail-ed girl standing in front of me. Yaoyorozu Momo, a smart student who got in through recommendations like me. She's the only classmate that I talk to most since she sits beside me. That's because she is the one who starts to speak while I give short and brief replies. So, you wouldn't say it's exactly a conversation, neither do I. " I think you dropped this, " she says as she takes something out of her pocket. " Here. It's yours, isn't it? " She hands me a familiar polaroid. It was the picture of me in the forest, the one that Kyryran took.

" Yeah. It's mine, " I take it from her hands as I wonder how it got here. I thought I left it on the table in my room. " Thanks. "

" You're welcome. " She nods a little and goes to her seat next to me. I quickly slip it in between pages of my book and put it back in my bag when the teacher walks in.

" For the foundational skill of heroics we'll study today, it was decided you'll be supervised by a three-man team compromising me, All Might and somebody else."

" Sensei! What'll we be doing? " Sero asks.

" Be the hero everyone needs, whether it's in a flood or any other disaster! It's the Trial of Rescue!! "

The class continues with excited chatters and Mr. Aizawa shushes us so he could continue with his explanation. And with that, we have dressed up in our hero costume as we rode the bus to a place called U.S.J

" Alright, Kyryan. Today, you're going to write about a person you care the most. " Fuyumi, the older sister of Shouto, says. The girl with black hair raises an eyebrow.

" I'm sorry, what? What do I have to do? "

" Write an essay about a person you care, " the teacher repeats as she smiles seeing her student in a confused state. She can only think of how different the topic is from what she just learnt. Though with no questions left, she grabs her notebook and pen and start writing.

After half an hour later, she finishes. She passes it to her tutor and wait while reading a book. When she gets her essay back, it is time for Fuyumi-sensei to leave. Kyryan leads her to the front door where Evan was waiting.

" Kry, could you cook us for dinner? With desserts? "

" Sure thing. What do you want to have? "

" Anything. " Evan rushes her to go to the kitchen so that she can leave him and the teacher at the front door.

" So, did anything happen? " he asks.

" I decided to go slowly by making her write essays because I think that's the best way to get her to tell us without knowing much. So, for today I made her write an essay about a person she cares. " Fuyumi-sensei smiles proudly at him.

" She wrote about you. "