14

The internship is today.

We were at the train station and I noticed Iida has a plan under his eyes when he talks to Midoriya and Uraraka. We parted ways to go to our respective destinations to meet pro heroes to begin our internship.

"Come. We'll start your little school project at Hosu." Endeavour spoke to me as he walked away from his office chair. I followed behind him to change into my hero suit.

During our journey to our first quest, I got a text from Midoriya. He sent me his location. It took me a moment to realize he was in danger. Immediately, I ran off, bailing Endeavour just like that with a request for pro heroes at the location I'm heading.

The fight involved between the Hero Killer: Stain with Midoriya and originally Iida. Just as I expected, he did has a grudge to the person who almost killed his brother. But look at him, helplessly paralyzed on the ground.

"If this is your fight, then stand up!" I yelled at Iida.

"Look back at what you really want to be!"

The fight ended with the three of us either heavily or lightly injured. We were sent to the hospital at Hosu City afterwards and received our medications. Our hospitalization were informed to our immediate family. Midoriya's mother and Iida's parents visited them.

I couldn't help but feel jealous.

Midoriya noticed my sadness and asked politely. I told him and I, myself, was surprised that I was so open to him and Iida. "I feel quite jealous to see your parents have the time to see their child, unlike mine. I'm not blaming my mother, though. She's stuck in a hospital too, but don't get me wrong. I wanted to take her out of that place but there will be consequences: she'll get hurt again and I don't want that to happen."

I clenched my fist and furrowed my eyebrows. I continued, "At least my immediate family, like my sister, should have the responsibility to come and see me."

Midoriya put a hand on my back and comforted me, "She will, Todoroki-kun. She's a teacher, isn't she? She had a long day at work. Maybe on weekends she'll visit you. You just have to wait. Besides, she knows she has a strong little brother which worries her less."

I gave myself a thought of his words and he was right. My sister is at school in the morning and in the evening she teaches Kyryan. At night wouldn't be an appropriate time to visit. I tugged a half smile at Midoriya and thanked him.

Like he said, my sister will probably see me on weekends but she doesn't come alone.

She is with Kyryan.

And Kyryan is the person I don't want any of my classmates to know. Gosh . . . Why do you have to bring Kyryan with you, sister? Does she want to tease me? I shouldn't have told her anything about my love life.

"Shouto! Oh, I'm glad you're okay," Fuyumi breathes out a sigh of relief as she approaches me while holding onto Kyryan's hand. I sit up straight on the bed, leaning back on the headboard. I stay quiet, still processing of Kyryan's presence. The two girls' faces pulled in a worried expression. Fuyumi sits on the edge of my bed. She cups my face with both of her hands as she asks of my condition while I keep saying that I'm fine, carefully trying to pry her hands off of me. I feel embarrass as Kyryan watches.

"Fuyumi-sensei, take it easy. Todoroki's cheek might hurt." Kyryan speaks in the softest tone I've ever heard. Her hand lays on my sister's shoulder. Does this girl hides another face? I notice she made an effort to speak in Japanese. After she states that, I just realize the cut did sting a little.

"Oh! You're right. I'm sorry, Shouto." My sister's hands pull away almost abruptly. She smiles afterwards. "Kyryan brought you mouth-sweeteners." Then, she leans closer and whispers to my ear. "She worries a lot about you."

That earns a light slap on her shoulder by Kyryan, which she quickly rubs to ease the non-existence pain. "Don't think I didn't hear you." I look at her and we are both blushing. Fuyumi only manages to laugh at us. Great . . . Now she has something to blackmail me.

"How can this happen?" Kyryan asks, a hint of worry is present. I think of a reason that would make more logical sense for her.

"It's . . . uh . . . It has something to do with the Quirk thing. "

"Will you tell me what really happened once you're discharged from the hospital?"

I swallow a lump in my throat before answering. "Yeah. I will." She half smiles that lasts only for a second as sadness still looms around her. She hands out the dessert she brought and opens up the lid. It was mango flavoured sponge cake cut into bite-sized cubes. Even the smell is enough to make a person drool.

Before she hands me some, she takes out a recyclable plate from the small bag she brought along and serves the cake on it. She also uses the lid to serve some. She brings the plate and the lid to Midoriya and Iida with a smile.

"I-Is this really okay?" Midoriya stutters. Shyly, Kyryan nods, the smile never leaves her face.

Why didn't she smile like that to me, too?

"I'm sorry I didn't bring for each of you. I didn't know there are more involved in this incident," she apologizes as she hands Iida his servings.

"No, it's okay. You don't have to go through that much trouble. Even this is enough," Iida assures. She makes her way back to me and I just finished my second bite. The richness of the sweet sugar and mango fills my mouth. I moan in delight of the deliciousness.

"Kyryan made them by herself," my sister speaks.

"It's so good," I compliment before taking the third bite.

"Thank you," Kyryan says as she takes her seat on the other side of my bed and my sister starts a conversation.

-

After an hour has passed, it is time for Fuyumi and Kyryan to go. The three of us thank them for visiting and for the dessert. Once they have left, Midoriya asks that question I dreaded.

"Todoroki-kun, may I ask who the other girl is, because she seems to fit the characteristics you told us about?"

"That's right. She has black hair, heterochromia and petite," Iida supports.

I sigh. "Yes, you guys are right. She is the girl I talked about. But please, I beg you to not tell the others. Let them find out themselves."

"We promise. Besides, we're not even taking part of that search," Midoriya assures.

"Thank you."