20

I may be quiet, but I seldom ignore people.

When anyone tried to talk to me, I didn't mean to space off in the middle of the conversation. But the thing is, I've already spaced off even before the conversation. Some of the girls teased me for always thinking of my crush but let's just say I somehow made them shut up. Until . . .

"Have you heard about last night's news?"

"About the murder and kidnap case?"

"Yeah, it's such a pity. Those two people were foreigners who live here. As a local, I feel ashamed of what happened even though it wasn't my doing."

"Me too. What will they think of our country?"

"I really hope they'll find the poor girl soon-!"

I abruptly stand up which makes my chair skid back. I know all eyes are on me but I couldn't care less. I left the room as quickly as possible. I couldn't stand hearing about those two without doing anything to get them back. To get her. Can't talk much about Evan, he's no longer living in the same world as all of us.

I don't have a specific place to go when I left the classroom. I just want to avoid hearing more. I ended up in the male's restroom, washing my face to freshen up. I'm too dull. I hardly got any sleep last night thinking about the sight of Evan's face and kidnapped Kyryan. I stood over the sink, trying to clear my mind but didn't know how. I try to breathe normally.

Come on. Stay calm. Things are gonna be alright.

My breathings are getting more ragged, my chest is burning.

It hurts.

It hurts so much.

My hands are balled up into a fist. I raise one, ready to punch the mirror but someone enters.

"Todoroki-kun?"

I turn to the voice to see Midoriya, his head peeking in. My fist falls back to my side. I almost forgot he is discharged from the hospital.

"Is everything okay?" he asks.

I didn't say anything. Instead, I look away, feeling miserable. I let out a deep sigh. "No."

The door creaks as he opens it wider to enter. "If you ever feel hopeless, let me know. We're friends, right?"

I glance at him from under my hair before asking him. "You know about the news last night?"

"Yes, but the reporter didn't state their name nor putting up pictures of the victims. All we know is they are foreigners."

I took another breath before standing up straight to look at Midoriya. "The girl that is kidnapped is Kyryan. You already know who she is to me. And the guy who died was her brother. I'm pretty close with him too."

His green eyes widen in shock, his mouth agape. He's surprised as much as I am.

"Todoroki-kun, I . . . I am so sorry. I didn't know . . ."

"It's okay. It wasn't your fault. You didn't do anything. It was those fucking bastards'." My fist tightens again.

"Yeah. It's just . . . To know that a person that we just saw a few days ago is no longer . . . " He trails off. I stay quiet, agreeing his statement.

"But! Don't worry, Todoroki. I'm sure she'll be back! With the help of the pro heroes, she'll be back! I know you want to join in the search 'cause she's someone important to you and you want her to be safe and protected. If I were in your situation, I would want to be reckless and get them back as well but . . . after the Hosu City incident, we can't do anything other than leaving it to the pros and providing information if we have any. I would feel mad at myself too as I'm not doing anything and just watch and hope for them to come back but what can we do?"