27

Our walk made us stop to an enormous crowd.

Everyone is watching the showdown between All Might and All for One. Unconsciously, I squeeze her shoulder. She looks around and when she realizes where we are, she fiddles with her blanket. She feels embarrassed because she's still naked under the wrappings.

I pull her body closer. She doesn't gasp or push me away. She obliged like a good girl.

When Iida is about to call the ambulance, she refused. She doesn't want to go anywhere unless she sees him; Todoroki. I take back my words and scold her, telling her she's stupid and she can't do that. But she stood her ground. I yell at her that she's all bruised up but she stops me.

"I'm used to the pain that he's given me every day and night."

Those sad words cut my tongue and I couldn't say anything—nor even think of what to say next—to her. I ended up shutting up before scoffing at her. I look at Iida, hoping he would understand my expression of letting her slide just this time. He also reluctantly puts down his phone.

She had always been like that, and I hated that I couldn't stand up against her.

Unfortunately, we couldn't find Todoroki and Yaoyorozu so we also watch the battle on the big screen.

It was intense that even I yelled and cheered for All Might. Kyryan, still in my arms, took peeks while clenching her fist to my chest. Sometimes even wrinkled up my shirt and wetting it with her tears.

When the final attack is blown and the smoke is clearing, our chests suffocating and begging for air as we wait to see who won. To see All Might standing proudly with his fist in the air was a huge relief. We let out sighs and cries but Kyryan took it differently. She stared at the screen, she lost her grip on my shirt, her mouth agape and her eyes are wide, her body trembled. She doesn't cry out of joy but she seems relieved of the victory of All Might.

I really don't get it.

I don't understand why she takes this differently.

It was time for us to leave to take Kyryan and I to the police. This time, she doesn't refuse and being a brat. She listens.

Later that day, we met up with Todoroki and Yaoyorozu but Kyryan fell asleep, not being able to see the person she's been longing for. No surprises there when Todoroki also freaked out and broke down of happiness to see his precious Kyryan is safe. She is immediately being taken to the hospital—which Todoroki gladly wanted to be her caretaker until her family comes—while I was taken to the police to be questioned.

I do wonder what Kyryan and Todoroki's relationship is.

Todoroki's POV

Kyryan is immediately gone to the ER as she's in a critical condition. I wait then I realize I need to make a call. I take out the piece of paper and dialed the number on my phone. It rings twice and comes a rushed voice.

"You called?!" Gyehyeon, as expected, is on the other line.

"Kyryan's with me."

"On my way."

"Wait! Do you know where we are?" But he already ended the call. I worry that he was too excited that he forgot to ask the location. However, he knows more than me so he'll call if he realizes it.

My classmates said they're also planning to come and visit Kyryan as well after accompanying Bakugou to the police. I still remember her sleeping in his arms, her face was not calm like how it should be when someone is asleep.