09

" Kyryan! Are you done? "

" Yes, I'm coming. "

The young girl races downstairs but never forgets to be careful. She reaches the bottom floor where Evan is waiting. He checks her outfit that she picked out - black dress, black pumps and a white bow clipped at the back of her hair. He nods in agreement. He wore a black dress shirt and slacks and they are ready to go.

They aren't going anywhere fancy but the occasion needs to wear something appropriate. First, they stopped by at the flower shop to get lilacs and white orchids. Then they drove to their real destination.

Evan parks just outside the gate and they enter, hand in hand with the fresh flowers. The feeling of sadness pours in their heart, especially Kyryan's. Row by row, they search for Kyryan's real last name. After the fifth row, they found them; Kida Fuji and Lauren Fuji. Seeing the two gravestones stood beside each other makes her lips tugged into a smile at the thought of how her parents are still sweet even in the afterlife. Memories of a happy family flooded in her head. One by one flashbacking the scene, the laughter, the love. Oh, how she wish she could turn back time.

She kneels down in front of the graves and sets the flowers. She kisses both gravestones with a help of her palm and makes a loving prayer. It is Evan's turn. He may have never met Kyryan's parents before but because their daughter is so important to Evan now, he feels that he should love and care for her parents too. He kneels down and sets the bouquet of flowers. He smiles genuinely, as if her parents are in front of him. He closes his eyes, clasps his hands and makes a small but meaningful prayer. Once he finishes, he looks at the two gravestones.

" I promise I will take care of your daughter for both of you. So, you don't have to worry. "

" Yeah, " Kyryan joins, kneeling down beside Evan. " Look at me. I'm already a big girl! " She puts on a wide, beaming smile but quickly the happiness wash away. " Daddy, mommy . . . I still miss you, you know. I miss you so much. I wish we could meet again so you can see me of how much I've grown. I know both of you, as my loving parents, don't really like the thought of their child growing up without their parents to see. But looking at the bright side, I grew up healthily with full of love from Evan and everyone else and you both! I really miss the days that we laughed, joked, played, sang. Everything! I want to experience those again, over and over and I will never get bored. But since this is the fate we have, as long as I love you and you love me, then that is enough. "

Hearing this makes Evan pull Kyryan for a hug and a kiss on her head. He rubs her back affectionately, hoping and praying that the girl won't cry. She stays strong and nods her head to tell that she's okay.

After the visit, they climb into their car and left the cemetery.

Kyryan is making waffles the next morning. Each batter she pours in the waffle maker, she would go over to the television to scroll through channels. There aren't many fun TV shows, most of them are morning news. When the batter is finished, she pauses and goes back to the kitchen. A random show is left rolling in the living room.

" It's the freshmen stage! And the students are making their entry now!! " came a voice of a host from the TV. " The freshly-formed miracle stars that shrugged off a mass villain assaults with wills of steel!! The department of heroics freshmen class!! You're here for Class 1-A, right?!! "

Kyryan hears this and looks over her shoulder to take a peek of what the show was about. There are loads of people in the same blue uniform walking to the arena, where loads of crowds are cheering.