23

"How was the exam, Todoroki-kun?"

My friend, Midoriya, asks once our first test-Japanese Literature-has finished.

"It was fine," I answer, thinking about Kyryan learning Japanese with me. I'm calmer now. I prayed for the peace in myself at the temple the other day. "A few tricky questions."

He nods before telling me he's off revising for the next test, maths. I also take my notes and exercises out of my bag to revise as well. A few classmates come to Yaoyorozu to ask some questions. I open up my notebook to see that it is the page I need to revise on. That's because I have put Kyryan's photo of me as a temporary bookmark. I was pondering the polaroid again last night.

I quickly turn it around and shove it in my bag, hoping no one sees it. I drink a little water before starting my revision. We have an hour before our next exam. Never waste time with discussing the questions of the past.

After all of our written exams, we have hero practical but I wasn't sure if it'll be like the entrance exam, which I heard from Midoriya, Iida and Uraraka there are robots just like in the sports festival. I didn't know how their entrance exam was like as I got in U.A. with different exams as I was recommended.

Mr. Aizawa also told us beforehand whoever fails the practical exam will have to attend a special class during the upcoming training camp.

-timeskip-
till after the finals

At the end of two weeks, we have finally finished our exams and now it was results day.

I placed on fifth from twenty students in the classroom. Midoriya is above me while Bakugou is in third place.

I don't get it. Bakugou always calls Midoriya a nerd but he is smarter than the green head. I wonder if I said this out loud, will Bakugou explode and yell at me?

Probably.

I'm not gonna waste my time and energy on something that is expected.

"So, with that being the case, we ought to be more wary of the enemies' movements," Mr. Aizawa explains about our training camp that will be held during the upcoming summer break. "The destination for our regular school trip will likely be changed and the new destination won't be announced until the day of the event."

Everyone screams in disbelief, except me and a few other mature students.

And this is how the intense first semester came to a close. Summer break, the school trip to the forest begins.

Class 1-A and 1-B are lined up in front of the bus, waiting for our cue to enter. Both homeroom teachers has given us a brief before boarding. During the journey, my classmates are all chatting with one another. I stay quiet for the whole ride, looking out the window as I clutch the polaroid in my hand. I just realized that it was something she also touched and it feels comforting.

I feel calm.

Just like Kyryan said to look at it when I feel unsettled. Maybe different people have different ways to calm themselves.

When we arrive at the desired location, Mineta rushes out of the bus in search for a bathroom. He has been whining about it the whole ride. Unfortunately for him, there are no bathrooms in sight but two women in cat-like costumes are waiting for us. They introduce themselves as pro heroes and they are in a group of four called Wild Wild Pussycats. And of course, Midoriya starts fanboying all over them.