Chapter 14

I slowly sat up, out of my sleep to a horrible smell, and faint cry. "There's something new every morning." I mumbled. Since schools starting today, I decided to close my door and get dressed. With what used to be a faint cry, increasing to a louder one.

"What's going on?" I asked, walking into their room,"And why is EJ the only one dressed?"

"Because you and EJ are the only ones going." Roc replied. I heard the cry again. It was getting louder and louder.

"Shut up! And stop pushing so hard!" Roc yelled.

"What's he doing?" I asked, referring to Ray.

"He's constipated."

"He barely eats anything we go get, how is he constipated?"

"I don't know."

I walked to the bathroom door, remembering to cover my nose, and knocked.

"Ray? You alright kid?"

"No." He said.

"You think you'll be good by 8 o'clock?"

"I don't know." He cried.

I walked back into the room.

"EJ, go eat if you haven't already. And Roc get dressed." I commanded

"Can I just stay here with Ray?" He whined.

"No. Get up, and get ready."

He stomped over, and held me. "Pleease??" He cooed. Now, they have this thing where they plead, and plead, to get what the want. Roc gives you hugs, EJ gives you a kiss (on the cheek of course) and Ray whines, and makes this huge Scenario, as to why you should do what he wants.

I pushed him off, "No." I sneered.

I walked back to the bathroom, and it smelled terrible.

"Ray! are you alright?'

"I keep spitting up this stuff that's a weird color." He replied.

Damn. A stomach virus.

"Wipe, and come out for a second."

I heard a flush, and the water running. Then he walked out of the bathroom. I felt his head, and he had no fever.

"You're good. You don't have a fever."

"Do I still have to go to school?"

I smirked."Did you do this on purpose?"

"No."

"Tell the truth."

"Yes." He said shyly,"I had Roc make this stuff that I knew was gonna make me sick, so I wouldn't have to go."

"Boy! Go in the room, and get dressed."

I swear. I feel like a mother, when I should feel more like a sister. I have to make sure they eat....well, make sure EJ eats (he forgets sometimes) and make sure they wake up. It's overwhelming.

I walked to the kitchen, and shortly after, so did Ray & Roc.

"Great! Did y'all eat?"

"Yes." The said in unison

"Let's go!"

We walked out, and piled into the car. Headed on our way.

"So, what exactly do we do in school?" EJ asked

"Y'all will have a mentor. He or she will show you guys around, make sure you don't get lost, introduce you to a couple people. Then by next week, you'll walk the halls alone."

"I hope Ray doesn't shit on them!" Roc joked.

"Roc you're a bitch sometimes!" He fired back.

"Nigga please! You're the one who was crying in the toilet this morning."

"Because you gave me poison you asshole!"

"You made me!" He said,"I didn't wanna do it, but you insisted."

"Shut up." I said.

Not too long after, we pulled up to the school. I of course caroused to the back, for student parking.

-

-

-

We entered the school, and there was the usual you get on the first day:

• Same faces you've see forever.

• A couple new kids.

• Loud girls, who act like they haven't seen each other in years.

I looked behind me at the boys. Roc seemed like he didn't care, like it wasn't new to him. Ray seemed fascinated. And EJ looked confused.

"Let's go find the Peace Team." I instructed.

The peace team consists of the counselor, a couple of the advanced students, and the student council. Mainly the Counselor.

We entered the office, and were greeted by the principal.

"Well Good morning!" She cheered, "Welcome back!"

"Thanks,Good morning to you as well.We need to get the schedules."

"Oh, ok."

She looked under a cabinet, and pulled out 4 files.

"The Carter's right?" She questioned.

"Yes mam." I answered.

"Ok, we have, Taylen, De'quann, Elijah, and Romelo?"

"Yes."

She handed me the schedules, with a intriguing smile. "Here you go, have a great first day!"

I nodded, and we walked out to the counselors office.

"Why does my name have to be 'De'quann'?" Ray asked,"I wanted to be Romelo!"

"Romelo doesn't fit you butt wipe, It fits me!" Roc said cockily.

"Whatever I had your name be, that's what it is."

"I wouldn't mind being De'quann." Elijah said.

"See, now that fits!" Ray replied.

We turned into the counselors office, and sat down.

"Who do we have here?" She asked.

"We are Taylen, Romelo, Elijah, and De'quann Carter. They're new, but I'm not." I answered.

"So, are they in relation?"

"Yes. Cousins."

"Ok. You can go ahead and do whatever you need for class, since first period is about to start. I'll take care of them."

"Ok. Bye boys!"

They all waved, and I exited the office. I've never left them alone really. Not unless you count me going to Burger King or something, and they stay home at least 5-10 minutes. But even then, one of them comes with me. I'm actually scared at the fact I won't be with them all day. We don't have the same classes. And I'm ultimately scared for Ray. He gets upset easily, and I don't mean sad upset, I mean mad, like "I'm gonna beat the fuck out of you!" mad.

EJ, he just has this part of the day, where he hates everybody. It comes natural. You don't have to do anything to him all day, and by about 12 or 1, he hates you.

Roc for the most part, is very social. He just plays too much. He can make real smart remarks sometimes, but he always backs them up. Him and Ray have the same anger problem, but Roc doesn't get upset that easily. You'll have to really piss him off for him to want to hit you in any possible way.

I took a turn from the steps, and went into the girls bathroom.

"I can't do this." I said to myself,"How am I gonna balance my school day, if I'm worried about them?"

I won't be able to function. They might not be worried about me, but my feelings, and me being worried about them will eat me alive.

END