II

Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster. Aren't those rides fun? Next time, let's go to an amusement park together to see and ride those. But if I were you, I would read this and it's already a hell of a ride. Be careful, reader. This book isn't what you think it is.

N A J A E M I N

+82 8129 8093 407
Park Hwa Young

The paper says. I'm surprised that Hwa Young has the heart to stay even when I didn't talk. Everyone else thought it was rude. I'm not mute, but my throat always tightens, ever since that happened. I still stare at the paper while walking to my house, where I live alone. There is something special of this girl, it's like she knows me already. Like somehow she understands my pain. And she lets me to talk about it, because she knows the pain. I've already reached my house and I sigh heavily.

I hesitate to open the door of my house. Opening it still reminds me of it. I close my eyes.

Inhale...

Exhale...

Open your eyes...

Click! That's the sound of the door being opened. I sigh heavily. I go upstairs. I go to my room and lock myself here, in my safe place.

I lay down on my bed and close my eyes. There are some light going through the skin of my eyelids, making it look like glowing red.

The thought of the drastic change of my life pops up in my head somehow. I've lost the light of my life or the light of my heart. And I let darkness take over me and even when there was a chance the light will find me, I'm not letting it to shine on me anymore. Because my happiness is my light and it's irreplaceable. I lost my happiness after it happened.

I become a mute kid after that happened. That's the drastic change of my life.

I've let people rub my back and try to find the old Jaemin back, but everyone end up getting tired of me. I've looked for help in everyone, but they left me.

I'm not going to try to call for help in Hwa Young. I don't know if she can be trusted in this.

I'm not like other kids.

Are you? If so, help me, Hwa Young, help me.