VI

I decide to stay silent after what happened, knowing that no one has ever went through the same and they could give me the wrong advices

I decide to stay silent after what happened, knowing that no one has ever went through the same and they could give me the wrong advices. I admit, I felt very heavy keeping everything to myself. I knew I needed someone to pour my heart to and tell them everything, but I was afraid to give my trust to anyone. Once you break someone's trust, it will never be the same, you know?

His last paragraph says. It takes me time to process what Jaemin is going through. We both are in class and Jaemin gave me a whole essay of a story. The paper shows me his mother's death that he witnessed in front of his eyes. My voice is unable to express itself. It takes me a few seconds to gain my voice back and say something.

"W-why did it seems l-like you tr-t-trusted me s-so fast?" I stutter.

He begins to write on a new sheet of paper whilst the pool of thoughts starts to drown me.

Both murder seems similar. The wound that caused their deaths, the place where they died and where we found them, the time, etc. 1, 2, and 7 the numbers that has been disturbing me after I read 1:27 AM on one of his paragraphs. Why? January 27th 2018 is 1.27.18.

Jaemin passes me a paper.

Because like I said, smiles shows happiness but yours shows otherwise. It was the first time, I've ever seen someone hiding their feelings. I'm not saying the ones who don't will not help or listen to me, but I've tried to open up to people like them. It never ended well, I decided to stop opening and welcoming anyone to my heart, even before mom died. I'll tell you soon the toxicity of people that I had to deal with.

I just nod in reply.

"You're feeling that suspicion on both of our parents' murder, right?" I ask him. I look at him and he already has his sight on me. Then he nods. He starts to point his own words from the story he showed me.

Kitchen floor

1:27 AM

A big clean diagonal cut all over her stomach

Midnight

•••

"Hey, let's go to a café after school. I'm planning something, involving our parents murder," he nods as a reply.

We are walking to the cafeteria together. Once we turn a left to reach our destination, the first thing we see is a fight between 2 boys. Crowd surrounds them, without doing anything but cheering.

Fucked up humans.

I walk quickly to the middle of the crowd, but Jaemin stayed behind. I look back, but he shakes his head at me. I roll my eyes and continue to walk away. Without wanting to, I join the crowd, bumping to screaming teenagers.

There I see Renjun, that cold kid, yet not so popular one and... Jeno?

"Stop!" I yell at them. The cheering stops and so is the fight. I stand there in the middle of the crowd, the same area as the two boys. Renjun's clench stays still on Jeno's shirt's collar. Jeno dares to stare at Renjun's eyes.

"What the hell happened here?" I ask, raising my voice.

Renjun looks at me and raises his eyebrow, surprised by my bravery. Jeno turns to see me, he widens his eyes. I raise my eyebrow and cross my arms.

"You heard me!" I say in a normal tone.

"And? What are you gonna do about it if neither of us is telling you?" Renjun raises his eyebrow higher.

"Drag you to detention, want that?" I smirk. Out of boredom, Renjun sighs.

"You're not threatening enough, girlie," Renjun rolls his eyes.

"Now leave me alone, while I have fun giving him pain," he smirks and starts to throw his fist against Jeno's face. Everyone starts yelling again.

I pull Renjun's neck from behind, somehow choking him but at the same time not meaning to. His body freezes for a second, it benefits me to pull him away from Jeno. I quickly go in front of him and kick him hard on the shinbone. He lets out a yelp. I push him to the floor, letting him lay down to bare the pain.

I look at Jeno, he's frozen. My teeth grit looking at him. His face reminds me so much of that hideous past of mine. He gulps as I clench my jaw.

"You're still lucky that I still let you breathe, you bitch," I say to him with no hesitation and regret.

"Detention for both of you," I raise my voice, staring at both of them.