XVIII

They sit on the bed, staring at the door

They sit on the bed, staring at the door. There was a mirror on the wall, Hwa Young shattered it and hide a sharp piece under her left sweater sleeve.

The triangular glass piece is thick. Her skin could be cut thinly by the slightest movement.

"Are you scared, Jaemin?" her right hand holds his left.

"I don't know if I should be," Jaemin replies sternly.

"If those three prisoners didn't tell us what to do, then we would've stayed at home. They mentioned about Mom and your dad being in their gang. I thought Mom would want me to join for the sake of my safety to get rid of X. There are so much that doesn't make sense in this story anymore. I don't know what we're protecting ourselves from," Jaemin sighs. He let go of her hand and bury his face in his hands.

"We have to go back to the NCT. We have to tell Doyoung and the others," Hwa Young says as she leans her head on his shoulder.

"We can't. We don't even know what side Doyoung, Taeil, Jungwoo, and Donghyuck are on," Jaemin sighs one last time.

"Their story doesn't make sense now. If Sicheng's story is true, then why would Taeyong come back for Min Soo? Why are Taeyong, Jisung, Yuta, Winwin, and Johnny are the only members who came here? Why do Doyoung, Donghyuck, Taeil, Jaehyun, and Jungwoo are in NCT in the first place? What did Mom and Minjoon really did? We never knew anythi--" the sound of the door unlocking cuts Jaemin off. Hwa Young straighten her posture.

As expectation, Jisung appears at the door. Pure excitement explains his expression.

"I just sharpened my knife. Hope it'll cut your stomach easier," Jisung gets in to the room and locks it back, receiving cold stares from Hwa Young and Jaemin.

"Father, can I have fun with Jisung?" Taeyong pleads with Min Soo.

"Let Jisung have fun by himself. You've cut Minjoon," Min Soo leaves Taeyong pouting.

Jisung gets closer to Jaemin and Hwa Young, slowly. His footsteps could be heard; it sounds like stomps to the wooden floor. Hwa Young clenches her jaw. The tension is rising, everything feels burning inside Jaemin and Hwa Young's bodies.

Jisung takes out his knife from his pocket. It's still covered with it's cover. He takes the cover off, the knife slash could be heard.

"Do you know why I cover this? Even if you touch it without meaning to hurt yourself, it'll cut you. It was sharper than any other knife, but I sharpened it again. You see how thin the edge is? That's how sharp it is," his eyes scans every angle of the knife.

Hwa Young lets the glass slips from her arm to her hand, underneath the sleeve. When the glass slips, she could feel the stinging on her skin. Luckily, the glass cuts her skin very thinly that the sweater absorbs a little bit of blood. The glass piece is now on her palm, but still hidden and unseen from Jisung.

Jisung raises her chin with his free left hand. His thumb trails to her left side of her jawline, while the rest of his fingers goes to the right side. Then his hand clutches her jaw so tight that her jaw could be crushed. She whimpers. Then she takes the chance.

She holds the glass piece and slits his neck. Jisung widens his eyes. Hwa Young's chest feels heavy. The world seems to freeze for a minute as they make eye contact. Hwa Young doesn't care about Jisung's blood splattering all over her sweater.

"I..." his weak voice is about to let out his last words.

"never..."

"wanted..."

"this..."

"to... ha-"

"happen..." then he falls backwards to the floor. He keeps staring at Hwa Young while his soul is starting to fade away.

Jisung always hoped someone to save him when he was suffering. But it was too late when he becomes what the Lees want him to be; a ruined boy. The first time Hwa Young's name was heard in his ears, he wanted her to try to save him, because he can't save himself. He wanted her to show him what she's capable of as a sister.

After all, he's what Hwa Young has left of Minjoon. Not because of what Minjoon has shaped him to be, but it's because of the hardwork of Minjoon to try to have him back.

But it's okay, she never have me, anyway.

Jisung knew that Minjoon would change him, but Hwa Young is still confused. He feels sorry that Hwa Young will regret cutting his throat.

"I'm sorry," Hwa Young whispers to him. He couldn't hear anything or read her lips, but her eyes shows him.

"It's okay. I deserve it anyway," his last breath is finally exhaled. Tears are building on her eyes. Jaemin is too shocked to move. He gulps, trying to stop his body from shaking. He glances at her hand that clenches the glass piece. Her hand is bleeding.

"H-Hwa Y-Young, p-please s-stop c-clenching," Jaemin stutters. He touches her bleeding hand gently. She could feel his fingers brushing her skin. It calms her down for some reason. She relaxes her hand; it starts to shake.

"Let's go," he takes her hand, not caring about the blood. She lets the glass drops to the floor. They stand up from the bed. She takes one last glance at Jisung's dead body. Then goes away from the room.

They see stairs in front of the door. Is this room an attic? Jaemin asks himself. They go downstairs silently. Once they are at the end of the stairs, the nearest door to them, on their left side, shows sunlight through the window above it; meaning it's the way out. An incoherent conversation could be heard far on their right side. They quickly go to the door and run.

Who went out? Taeyong furrows his eyebrows, but shrugs it off.

When the sunlight shines on their faces, Jaemin looks around; it's not the same mansion he used to shot that delivery guy. They keep running away from the house. Luckily, there are no securities guarding and no gate.

"There's a cab! Do you still have your wallet?" Hwa Young points at a cab, parking near the sidewalk. They are sure that they are far enough from that house.

"Yeah I do," they run to the cab. Jaemin signals the driver, he replies with a nod. They get in on the backseat.

"You know what let's go to the hideout. If they're not there, then its out opportunity to pack and move from this city. But if they are, we'll discuss with them and if it turns out they're Lee's side, then we'll just attack them," Hwa Young tells Jaemin quietly, considering the cab driver is there. Jaemin nods at her.

"Good afternoon, where are you guys going?" the cab driver sounds nervous. Must be my bloody sweater.

Jaemin tells the driver a place near the hideout.