υn | one

»il ne ғaυт paѕ dire, il ne ғaυт paѕ ғaire« 🥀

»one мυѕт noт ѕay, one мυѕт noт do«🥀

June 5th, 1992

"C'mon Carmen, we're gonna be late!" My best friend of five years, Lisa, yelled from downstairs.

I had to put the final touches on my outfit before we left. Lisa basically begged me to go to this nightclub with her called 'La Rosé' because she says I don't get out enough. I do, but I'm more of a homebody, sue me.

"I'm ready." I jotted down the stairs presenting my outfit to her.

"Took you long enough. But you look sexy as hell! You must be looking to get some dick." Lisa laughed when she saw my facial expression.

"I'm just playing, now let's go. I'm trying to get there before we have to pay to get in and you know I'm about broke as shit." She pulled me out of my home and I got into the passenger seat of her car.

We pulled in front of the building that had the bright, baby blue letters shining right above it. I checked my lipstick in the rear view mirror and stepped out of her car.

Lisa was ready to hop inside the building before I gently pulled her arm towards me.

"Now Lisa, you need to calm down on the drinks. Remember when I had to drag you home when you pulled out some girl's extensions?"

Lisa chuckled at the memory. "Oh yeah. Look she had it coming, stepping all up in my face thinking she bad or some shit."

"Yeah, yeah. Your reckless ass better chill tonight because I already didn't want to be here. And I'll be damned if I have to dragged your ass home again. Understand?"

"Yes mother." Lisa teased and got to the bouncer. We showed him our IDs and headed inside the club. I have to admit, this place was pretty decent. Everyone was dancing and grinding to 'My Lovin (Never gonna get it) by En Vogue'

"Oh bitch, this is my song! I'll be right back. You gonna be okay, C?"

"Yep, just peachy." I gave a small smile and that made Lisa quickly get to the dance floor shaking what her mother blessed her with. Sometimes I just wonder how I became friends with such a crazy, crackhead-like girl like Lisa.

"Excuse me?" I called out to the bartender. If I'm gonna sit here, I might as well get a drink.

"Can I get some vodka please?" The bartender nodded and prepared my drink. I handed him the money and he gave me the drink.

"Thank you." I took a small sip of the drink. I looked around the club to see everyone having a good time. This is why I don't like clubs. Nothing technically wrong with them, but I hate them. I don't like dancing so close to people and I especially don't like when guys stare at me. It creeps me the hell out.