vingt-deux | twenty two

»Ça y est, la récupération, la vengeance. Je suis en colère

»That's it, payback, revenge.
I'm mad!«

July 4, 2007

July 4, 2007

"Diane, w-why would you do that to me?" DeVanté asked with his mouth still full of blood. Snow and I were in complete shock as to why Diane thought to knock the shit out of her own father's teeth. I knew she could hit, but damn. 

"I don't know, maybe because you left us fatherless for nine whole years and constantly beat mom during your marriage to her. Then claimed a kid that wasn't yours more than you did your actual children. My punch hurt you just as much as your punches hurt mom." Diane harshly said. I handed DeVanté a towel so he could clean up his drawn blood.

I'm surprised that she withheld her entire knowledge of my situation for so long. Even though what she said was harsh, did she lie? De deserved that shit, leaving his children for another bitch and all that other mess. I guess he never thought he would have to face to pain from his own child. Payback's a bitch ain't it?

"Diane, I didn't know you felt that way, I'm sorry."

"It's too late for saying sorry to me, apologize to the twins, and Julien especially. He hasn't seen you since he was two years old, and I doubt that Julien even remembers you." Diane said, making DeVanté nod his head in agreement. "Now, leave my room, Mr. DeGrate." Diane ordered. Wow she doesn't claim him as a father so much, that she addressed him by his last name.

How long she'll have deep hatred for him, I don't know. What I do know is that I need to repair this daddy/daughter relationship, and fast. Diane can't hold a grudge against him for too long, can she? Regardless, it's time for her to forgive and move on with her escalating life.

"Okay, I'll be back to see the others."  He said, walking straight past us. After we heard DeVante's footsteps make it downstairs, Snow and Diane burst into laughter. That confused me to the maximum.

"Girl, did you see the look on his face? Lookin' like Muhammad Ali dealt with him real quick!" Snow joked. Diane laughed even harder at Snow's jokes towards DeVanté. I don't know why, but I felt the need to defend him. Yes, what he did to all of us, me especially, is unforgivable. But, everyone deserves a second chance. Or, in his case, a ninth chance.

In his defense, he might have changed over the years. I know I have, and we aren't even together anymore. If he hits me, I'll beat his ass back. Plain and simple. However, to find out that Diane and Snow think DeVanté getting knocked out after making an effort to reconnect with her is funny, isn't right with me.

"Diane Danielle DeGrate and Snow Fall Lopes, stop laughing!" I shouted. They halted their giggles and looked at me quietly. Once I got their attention, I spoke exactly what was on my mind. "Diane, you need to apologize to your father immediately. You didn't need to do all of that."