neuf | nine

»C'est cool, n'essaye pas de te presser. Je dois vous faire savoir que j'ai le béguin pour vous«

»It's cool, not trying to put the rush on you. I have to let you know that I got a crush on you«

 I have to let you know that I got a crush on you«

May 17, 1995

'*ding dong*' the doorbell suddenly rang. "I'll get it." I said as I removed myself from the couch. I checked through the peep hole to see a mailman with a bunch of roses. As I opened the door, the mailman smiled joyfully at me.

"You must be Ms. Carmen Brown, am I correct?"

"Yes I am, for a little while longer." I couldn't stop myself from cheesing so hard. Flashbacks began to play in my head from the moment DeVanté proposed to me. Such an unbelievable moment.

"Thank you for confirming. These are for you." The man handed me flowers with a note that I saw him holding not too long ago, a box of chocolates, and a brown box with a note attached to it. "Have a great day, Ms. Brown." The mailman tilted his hat at me. "Thank you, Mr. ..." I trailed on trying to find some sort of identification on his shirt.

"Johnson, Oscar Johnson." He shook man hands. His hands felt soft and incredibly wrinkly due to the fact that he looked old. Much like someone's grandfather, he seemed very sweet and fragile. "Well, thank you, Mr. Johnson. And I hope you have a great day too." I smiled back, and with that, he slowly walked away. 'Such an adorable old man.' I thought and closed the door.

I sat back down on the couch and decided on which one to open first. 'I'll go from smallest to biggest'. I thought, picking up the box of chocolates and opening them to find a folded note in there also. Surprised, I picked up the note, unfolded it and it read:

'Like a thousand suns, you give me immense warmth and brighten up my life. Like the moon, you help me find my way through to dark when I need you most. Like a shimmering diamond, you're hard to find, and when you're discovered, you're irreplaceably beautiful'
Sincerely yours, Makeveli